Windows 10: Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10%

Discus and support Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop the computer from closing down as soon as the signal comes up showing the Battery to be low? As a rule, one always has time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rubert Mumps, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10%

Is there a way to stop the computer from closing down as soon as the signal comes up showing the Battery to be low? As a rule, one always has time to plug it in but just now, it doesn't give me time to blink before it's shut down.

Battery power was not down to 0% but just above 10%.

:)

Rubert Mumps, Aug 1, 2020
  2. carbuff Win User

Menu shuts down

At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens

On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the menu or to employ the listed Windows 10 apps including restart and power down.

Suggestions to correct this problem are appreciated.

carbuff, Aug 1, 2020
  3. davjen10 Win User
    Unable to close down laptop after installation.

Hi there,
    *ConfusedMy laptop has been running windows 7 very successfully and after being prompted numerous times to install Windows 10, I went ahead last night. Had no problems with the installation, however, on attempting to close down, the laptop would only turn-off after closing the lid which is not a problem, but after about an hour or so, it turned on automatically again without me touching it. It looks as though it only goes into stand-by. I have not found a solution to the problem - the result is flat battery when I tried to use it today. What is the solution?

davjen10, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10%

Battery Drain after shutting down windows 10

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Battery drain may be caused by a number of reasons. Most of them are meant to be like that (Wake-on-lan capability, scheduled wake up tasks, hybrid sleep, etc.). Others are "bugs", in that they are not meant to use power when hibernating. When
    trying to eliminate battery drain, ALL of the possible factors have to be adressed, otherwise drain may still be the case.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings.

The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and
    extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, restart the computer and check.

1. To un-install the default drivers, press Windows + R together to open the
    Run prompt.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. This will open Device Manager.

3. On Device Manager, browser to Batteries > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery,
    right-click on it and click Uninstall. After this restart the laptop and the battery charging should start.

You may also refer to the suggestion by VVJ81 from the following link and check if it helps.

Battery drains after shutting down+

You may also refer to the following article for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/tips-save-battery-power

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10%

1. Windows closes down immediately after battery runs down to 10% - Similar Threads - closes down immediately

2. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  3. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  4. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photoshop immediately closing down after loading .cr2 files to canvas

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photoshop immediately closing down after loading .cr2 files to canvas: I’ll go through them in raw, select the ones I want to take into photoshop proper and hit open. They load as they always have, then once the last one loads photoshop immediately starts closing, one file at a time. Can’t seem to abort this shut down and the only work around I...
  6. PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update: Hello everyone, I updated my PC a few days ago, and I had no problems with it. However, yesterday I booted my PC and when it opened the desktop it shut down. I thought I had no battery on my PC so I put it charging. I decided to boot the PC again and it shut down right...
  7. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  8. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  9. Closing down

Closing down: When I click close, message says 'closing down' but then clicks back on a second later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-down/cb60a79a-1a5b-4c1c-ac1c-b7e46b5cac35
  10. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening: Just today Windows Mail has started to shut down a couple of seconds after it opens without any intervention. I have run the image scan ( no errors detected ) and the image restore ( successfully ) but the problem is still there. Any one who can help with this ? Many...