Windows 10: Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website

Discus and support Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try to open a bank website ie. Bank of America, Citi Cards, Capitol One- it shows the page for a split second then all programs shut down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RieRegs, May 28, 2020.

1. RieRegs Win User

Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website

Every time I try to open a bank website ie. Bank of America, Citi Cards, Capitol One- it shows the page for a split second then all programs shut down.

:)

RieRegs, May 28, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

I'm trying to log into my online banking and I get a message saying connection reset.

Hello Kristy,

There are a lot of possible causes why you're unable to properly sign in to your bank's website and giving you and error message an issue with internet connection. This may be due to anti-virus, restrictions on your browser or your browser needs to be updated.
    In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• When did you last time successfully login to your bank's website? Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • We'd like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried, to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Which browser are you using when accessing your bank's website?
    • Just to clarify, can you access different websites, like Outlook.com, Bing and Microsoft forum?

Meanwhile, we recommend accessing your bank's website using a different browser and then kindly check if you are getting the same issue. We also suggest ensuring that your browser is updated.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 28, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 28, 2020
  4. Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website

When I try using the ESET Banking & Payment protection program, it opens up an Internet Explorer window instead of other browsers

Hi Dinaandre,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you share few information regarding the issue?

• Is the Eset banking program an application (Client) or is it an online banking website?

• If it is an online banking website what happens when you run Edge and while logging to the website?

• Is the issue specific to this particular website only?

• When was the last time you logged in without any issues?

Do let us know more about the issue in order to assist you better.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website

1. Windows closes programs when trying to reach a bank website - Similar Threads - closes programs trying

2. cant log into bank website on chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant log into bank website on chrome: hi i was logged into my bank website on chrome for several mos never logged out but after clearing cookies today etc,i can't log in. All info was correct because i logged in on Edge. It's capital one.I would rather not use Edge since it worked perfectly fine on Chrome. I...
  3. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  4. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  5. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com

ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com: The problem only happens when trying to reach the this one website and only from this device it is not browser dependent it happens on everyone, other devices in the same network dont show any problems when trying to get therealready tried a lot including clearing cache,...
  7. Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device

Banks Websites Does Not Recognize Device: Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge with win 10My banks websites I've been using and accessing for 4 years on this same PC suddenly stopped recognizing my device about one month ago. I have to verify the login every tine and on all banks, PayPal or any other financial service....
  8. Bank website will no longer open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bank website will no longer open: Since switching to windows 11 our online banking website will not open. The page pulls up the login and after all info is loaded the website just spins. No error message...
  9. Bank website will no longer open

Bank website will no longer open: Since switching to windows 11 our online banking website will not open. The page pulls up the login and after all info is loaded the website just spins. No error message...
  10. Bank Website Does Not Recognize Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bank Website Does Not Recognize Device: Using Chrome with win 10 My bank website I've been using and accessing for 3 years on this same PC suddenly stopped recognizing my device about 4 months ago. I have to get an access pin text to finish logging in. I spoke at length to the bank tech and we could not find...