Windows 10: Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut

Discus and support Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 it has been closing all of my open programs every time I let it go into sleep mode. It isn't consistent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TBRedwolf, Dec 18, 2018.

1. TBRedwolf Win User

Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut

Ever since I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 it has been closing all of my open programs every time I let it go into sleep mode. It isn't consistent with the reason it closes everything (such as how long the computer has been left in sleep, if the computer was left open, or what programs were running) and I'm not sure why its been doing it. Any suggestions on how to make it stop?

:)

TBRedwolf, Dec 18, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut :confused:*Mad Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Callender Win User
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows closing everything anytime computer is shut - Similar Threads - closing everything anytime

2. Everything closing on screen timeout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything closing on screen timeout?: Every time my computer goes into sleep mode, it will close out all of my applications except for my Sticky Notes. Anything that is open in Chrome or anything else closes. Ive done a full clean boot, I've gone through the "power and sound" trouble shooting steps. Nothing is...
  3. Everything closing on screen timeout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything closing on screen timeout?: Every time my computer goes into sleep mode, it will close out all of my applications except for my Sticky Notes. Anything that is open in Chrome or anything else closes. Ive done a full clean boot, I've gone through the "power and sound" trouble shooting steps. Nothing is...
  4. Everything closing on screen timeout?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows anytime upgrade: I had windows 10 Home, did the anytime upgrade to windows 10 Pro, but now computer does not have a license. Need assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade/32ae4e38-1f2f-4b90-b609-e4714649bf39
  6. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows anytime upgrade: I had windows 10 Home, did the anytime upgrade to windows 10 Pro, but now computer does not have a license. Need assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-anytime-upgrade/32ae4e38-1f2f-4b90-b609-e4714649bf39
  7. Windows anytime upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows closes everything on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows closes everything on my pc: Just a little context for what I was doing earlier, I was playing a game Valorant when suddenly my game freezes, and closes. Then a few seconds later I notice that all of my other applications start closing as well including apps like Discord, Messenger, Spotify, ExpressVPN,...
  9. Windows defender shutting everything down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shutting everything down: All of a sudden my computer is shutting everything down in the middle of me working and window defender says i have a virus but will not download what am i supposed to do...
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...