Windows 10: Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

Discus and support Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Doc1.docx Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play 117134 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bigboyalf, Sep 2, 2018.

1. bigboyalf Win User

Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

Doc1.docx

Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play

:)

bigboyalf, Sep 2, 2018
  2. RandallBrock Win User

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Sep 2, 2018
  3. John Phoenix Win User
    cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 2, 2018
  4. FordGT90Concept Win User

vb.net app has no read access to local files

Basically, the way I did it mimiced running the batch. The way you did it, it left how to run it up to the discretion of Windows (and Windows assumed wrong).

If you were indeed getting an access error, it could be because your program runs cmd with the same priviledges as your program (likely administrator). Calling the batch directly passed it off to Windows and Windows most likely launched cmd with minimal rights (limited user) so when it tried to do anything outside of its working directory, it errored.

The deleting portion working is because of the WaitForExit().

FordGT90Concept, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR - Similar Threads - CMD cannot access

2. Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials: Hi All, Today i pluged my USB flash drive to my router and enabled media/file sharing on my router's USB settings. When i enter my gateway directory through cmd (win+r > \\192.168.1.1) it asked me for the credentials of my router and i entered. (admin / xxxxx) It was...
  3. CMD window

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD window: How do you Shift R Click open CMD window here instead of open PowerShell window here? 101620
  4. The file cannot be accessed by the system

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The file cannot be accessed by the system: Ran a clean rebuild of my system on SSD (Creators Update) , now cannot access any exe's on HDD (Drive D). I get "the file cannot be accessed by the system". Tried changing permissions so admin user has access and run takeownership but no joy. 87956
  5. Android device recognized but cannot access files on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android device recognized but cannot access files on it: Hello! This is definitely a Windows 10 thing. If I connect either my Nexus 5 or my LG G4 to my PC via USB the phone is recognized. I can see it in Windows Explorer but clicking on it does nothing, no access to files. Before I made the jump from Vista to Windows 10 it...
  6. Network Error "Windows cannot access \\folderpath"

Network Error "Windows cannot access \\folderpath": Two computers, on the same network wired. One the one computer I have a folder being shared, a folder that is on the desktop. I have it to share over the network, also that computer has password protected sharing OFF. On the other computer when I try to access that folder I...
  7. Windows cannot Access \\Network PC's : Error 0x80070035

Windows cannot Access \\Network PC's : Error 0x80070035: I've literally tried every possible suggestion on this forum. Microsoft support told me they will fix it for $100 LOL Everything about my network worked fine on Windows 8. With Windows 10 I have been unable to access PC's on my router. Internet work fine, I see the PC's...
  8. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error: "Windows cannot access the...
  10. Bat file problem. Windows Cannot Access the Specified Adress or File

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat file problem. Windows Cannot Access the Specified Adress or File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home. Version 1703. 64 bit system and 8 GB RAM. I cant run any bat file as it gives me "Windows cannot access the path specified, you may lack additional permissions to open this item." Sometimes run as admin works. But, trying to set...