Windows 10: Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

Discus and support Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Doc1.docx Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play 117134 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bigboyalf, Sep 2, 2018.

1. bigboyalf Win User

Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

Doc1.docx

Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play

:)

bigboyalf, Sep 2, 2018

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Sep 2, 2018
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

vb.net app has no read access to local files

Basically, the way I did it mimiced running the batch. The way you did it, it left how to run it up to the discretion of Windows (and Windows assumed wrong).

If you were indeed getting an access error, it could be because your program runs cmd with the same priviledges as your program (likely administrator). Calling the batch directly passed it off to Windows and Windows most likely launched cmd with minimal rights (limited user) so when it tried to do anything outside of its working directory, it errored.

The deleting portion working is because of the WaitForExit().

FordGT90Concept, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

1. Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR - Similar Threads - CMD cannot access

2. "Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accessed by the System"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accessed by the System": I made the boneheaded move of deleting some OneDrive files then emptying the recycle bin in an effort to clear some space. I didn't think any of it included operating files, but apparently my user account got messed up in the process.Now when I try to open a folder from a...
  3. "Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accessed by the System"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accessed by the System": I made the boneheaded move of deleting some OneDrive files then emptying the recycle bin in an effort to clear some space. I didn't think any of it included operating files, but apparently my user account got messed up in the process.Now when I try to open a folder from a...
  4. Windows cannot access the file error for SSD on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the file error for SSD on Windows 11: I've recently bought a new MSI GS66 12UH laptop that came with Windows 11. I have an external Samsung T5 SSD where I like to install most of my games. With this new laptop after playing for a while, some games crash with this error:Windows cannot access the file for one of...
  5. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied error on elevated cmd window: HiI want to run an elevated command but get "access denied" error, however, the CMD window is indeed in administrator mode.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1766]c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>cd %systemroot%C:\Windows> ren...
  6. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied error on elevated cmd window: HiI want to run an elevated command but get "access denied" error, however, the CMD window is indeed in administrator mode.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1766]c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>cd %systemroot%C:\Windows> ren...
  7. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files: The cmd in the advanced options cannot access the C Drive, but it can access the D drive Although, in administrator cmd, it can access BOTH with no problem, top 2 pics are recovery cmd, bottom 2 are normal admin cmd I doubt it's corruption, and think its just administrative...
  9. CMD - error scan files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD - error scan files: Hello, CMD > System > File Check - For repairs, detalls are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLINE flag. Please help me whit this constantli error on my PC. Every time when I reinstal Windows, after few days have a same problems. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows error popup for "Windows cannot access the specified file..."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows error popup for "Windows cannot access the specified file...": For a while now I have randomly gotten a popup about an error. It can occur about once or twice a day at anytime, even when I'm not doing anything. It usually goes away on its own after a minute or two: [ATTACH] I have tried to follow the file path, but reach a dead end at...