Windows 10: Windows COA

Discus and support Windows COA in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Long story short, I have this Laptop preinstalled Windows 8 PRO A microsoft employee is inquiring (for license compliance) about this machine's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trashcanbin10, May 23, 2016.

1. Windows COA

Long story short,

I have this Laptop preinstalled Windows 8 PRO

A microsoft employee is inquiring (for license compliance) about this machine's COA and asking repeatedly about COA sticker. I can't find it anywhere. It says in BIOS it has Windows 8 preinstalled, but I can't find COA sticker. And yeah, I upgraded this to Windows 10 Pro without hassle a few months ago.

I'm sure this machine has genuine license, but if I can't find the GODDAMNED STICKER EVERYWHERE!

Before I lose my patience to him (already explained but he is insisting), tell me what should I do?

:)

trashcanbin10, May 23, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Windows COA

Not knowing the make of your laptop, have you checked under the battery? Some laptop makers hide the COA sticker there, visible only when removing battery.

5. I even opened the body of the laptop (not just Battery). No such sticker everywhere unless they stamp it on the motherboard directly.

It's HP Pavilion model.

trashcanbin10, May 23, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    OK, it was worth checking. Have you contacted HP support?

7. Superfly Win User
    The microsoft employee should know better than inquiring about a COA key on a Win 8 OEM machine - they do not exist.
    The only OEM key is embedded in the firmware.
    Anyway it's a bit strange for MS to vet OEM licences, they do not sell nor support them.

Superfly, May 23, 2016
  8. Barman58 Win User

Windows COA

I'm wondering if this is a call from the "Microsoft licence department" or one of the many other scam scum crowd out there. These people employ staff with an IQ smaller than their shoe size to read a script, they have no, or very little knowledge of anything computer related, or anything in general, and will often just keep repeating their script ad nausium.

If you did not initiate this contact with "Microsoft" I would suggest you ignore it - If you did initiate the contact ask to escalate the issue to a supervisor

Barman58, May 23, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did "Microsoft" contact you, or did you call them for support? If "Microsoft" called you - it ain't Microsoft.

NavyLCDR, May 23, 2016
  10. Porthos Win User
    And if you called them from a number on a screen that just "appeared" it is also a scam.

Porthos, May 23, 2016
  11. Microsoft.com email contacted me directly. I even called Microsoft hotline in my country and they verified the email I told them and gave the line to the representative that called me.

It's genuine and directly from Microsoft. Unless that Microsoft hotline number listed in Microsoft website is fake, then I'm being blackmailed.

Edit: the said employee sent me another email and said he'll check with his superior (manager or supervisor, I couldn't hear him clearly at that very moment) regarding the CoA that I couldn't provide.

Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a go.

trashcanbin10, May 24, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, you would be the first that any of us has ever heard of Microsoft contacting anyone like that. Simple solution, tell them that you don't have a COA sticker, quit harassing you and hang up. You are under no obligation to answer any of their questions.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows COA

1. Windows COA - Similar Threads - COA

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can we get a COA replacement sticker that is OEM software and the keycode in not able...

How can we get a COA replacement sticker that is OEM software and the keycode in not able...: the keycode in not able to input due to unable to read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-a-coa-replacement-sticker-that-is/bec03ff4-3de4-4221-beb0-59b77b9e2916
  6. How can we get a COA replacement sticker that is OEM software and the keycode in not able...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can we get a COA replacement sticker that is OEM software and the keycode in not able...: the keycode in not able to input due to unable to read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-a-coa-replacement-sticker-that-is/bec03ff4-3de4-4221-beb0-59b77b9e2916
  7. How can we get a COA replacement sticker that is OEM software and the keycode in not able...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL: WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-home-premium-coa-label/1d1f4336-5668-47ad-9cd8-51e0563f832d
  9. WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL

WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL: WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-home-premium-coa-label/1d1f4336-5668-47ad-9cd8-51e0563f832d
  10. Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key

Windows 10 Pro activation - COA sticker doesn't have product key: I'm trying to activate Windows 10 Pro on a refurbished HP Z420. There is what appears to be an authentic COA sticker on the top of the box. There is no indication of the usual 25-digit product key, but there is a 23 digit number along the top of one of the UPCs exhibiting a...