Windows 10: Windows color custom -Registry Key

Discus and support Windows color custom -Registry Key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, Could you please help me with the registry key to set the Windows accent color custom on Windows 10 1909 ? We have to add it in the SCCM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karthikeyan Mathan, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows color custom -Registry Key

Hi All,

Could you please help me with the registry key to set the Windows accent color custom on Windows 10 1909 ?

We have to add it in the SCCM Task Sequence.

We tried using the below and it did not worked as expected

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors /v Window d/939088

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors /v Windows d/939088

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !!

:)

Karthikeyan Mathan, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Jawann Win User

Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903 and Above

The suggestions in
    this thread
    used to work great. Something seems to have changed along the way though. My custom highlight color is applied correctly upon initial boot, but then gets reset after the screen locks.

The suggestions in the linked thread are to update the following registry keys using regedit:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\Standard\Hilight

I've searched for similar keys under the other top-level folders, but nothing seems to work. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.449, although I've been experiencing this for several months. At least one other person has reported the same
    behavior in 1909.

Is this still working correctly for anyone else? Any ideas or suggestions?

Jawann, Oct 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Registry color Keys

Best to try experimenting... it's meant to do something like a dialogue that used to exist in Win 7. I find it's hard to know which item corresponds with what in a window though. Personally I just change the window background colour so it's not so hard on the eyes- which works for many things but not those rendered by file explorer. For that and related open/save dialogues I use Qttabbar by Quizo.

Windows color custom -Registry Key [​IMG]

Related:
    How to Reset Window Color and Appearance Settings? >> Winhelponline
    https://superuser.com/questions/949920/window-color-and-appearance-removed-in-win10

Change Accent Color in Windows 10
    - and see Related Tutorials after the main text.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Windows color custom -Registry Key

Windows Registry Key

Does anyone know which registry key(s) report(s) to software which OS you are running?

Thermopylae_480, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows color custom -Registry Key

1. Windows color custom -Registry Key - Similar Threads - color custom Registry

2. Black color for Edge With registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black color for Edge With registry key: Good morning I tried with an old registry key but it doesn't work for me: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  3. Registry color Keys

Registry color Keys: Playing around with themes and making changes so trying to get a handle on a few things. Questions: What is the difference between HKCU\Control Panel\Colors and HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors ? They have several keys named the same but with different values so I'm curious...
  4. Customization threw Registry.

Customization threw Registry.: Hello guys. After a lot of research to customize Windows 10 to my liking, I came to the conclusion that Registry is the only way. Only active shell for windows 10 looks like mac which I absolutely hate, Rain meter is a headache to use and running KDE Plasma threw some means...
  5. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  6. Custom color filters

Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  7. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  8. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?: Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry? This works for the inactive title bar color: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColorInactive" /t REG_DWORD /d "your color here" /f[/quote] 115714
  9. Taskbar color customization

Taskbar color customization: Hi, Taskbar color choices are extremely limited in W10, very difficult to read tabs. What is wrong with MS.....? I tried run<"control color">, but it was useless as well. Is there any external tools that will allow me to customize taskbar color independently from...
  10. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...