Windows 10: Windows color issue

Discus and support Windows color issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a very strange problem that just cropped up. My old backup computer running Windows 10 started showing strange background colors. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobKatcher12487, May 26, 2023.

1. Windows color issue

I have a very strange problem that just cropped up. My old backup computer running Windows 10 started showing strange background colors. For example, when I open a new Word document, the page is light blue. In file explorer, the background is blue. If I open a photo, the colors look fine. My desktop background picture looks fine. Is there some setting I inadvertently tweaked that is causing this. I have no idea where to look.

:)

BobKatcher12487, May 26, 2023
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows Color Management Issue

Hi billin30,

With the issue you're having with your display color, I suggest that you calibrate. There may have been settings that is causing the issue and resetting them may solve this. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Calibrate display color.
    2. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If the issue will not somehow improve, try to check with your monitor's color settings just to be sure.

Also, I'd like to clarify what monitor is having the issue with its display going to the 'other monitor'? I'd also like to ask for help in isolating the issue. Try to use the monitors one-by-one or have them pair up with one another. Like have BenQ paired
    with Asus then have Alienware paired with Asus etc.

Update me if there were improvements.

Ian Ser, May 26, 2023
  3. Background color issues on upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue on your own.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you facing the above issue on all windows or any program windows in particular?
    • If in particular, on using which program/application do you get the above issue?
    • Did you check if the color changes on choosing different color format from the
      Settings page?

You might be facing the above issue due to personalizing the Windows from the
    Settings page. Personalization is a page where you can personalize the Windows Lock Screen, Background, Themes and other Windows appearance on the computer.

I suggest you to change the Color of the Windows by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Colors from the left side panel of the window.
    • Choose the appropriate color you want to personalize the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2023
  4. Windows color issue

Pinkish-gray color (apps, websites, etc) in the new version of Windows 10?

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Colors.
    • In the right pane, select the Accent color and close the Window and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows color issue

1. Windows color issue - Similar Threads - color issue

2. Product issue - Colors are not what they should be

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product issue - Colors are not what they should be: I purchased an ET 8550 about 2 weeks ago and set it up on 01/20/24. After putting in the ink I followed the steps and followed by printing a clipart design and Red was coming out as Magenta. The blues, yellows, and greens were also off. I've tried everything to figure out the...
  3. Product issue - Colors are not what they should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product issue - Colors are not what they should be: I purchased an ET 8550 about 2 weeks ago and set it up on 01/20/24. After putting in the ink I followed the steps and followed by printing a clipart design and Red was coming out as Magenta. The blues, yellows, and greens were also off. I've tried everything to figure out the...
  4. Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black: I get that there are issues with how the accent colors work on title bars and borders and I've tried several suggestions and seems people can only get this working by using personal backgrounds that contain the colors. My issue is when I first set up Windows 11, I was able to...
  5. Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black

Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black: I get that there are issues with how the accent colors work on title bars and borders and I've tried several suggestions and seems people can only get this working by using personal backgrounds that contain the colors. My issue is when I first set up Windows 11, I was able to...
  6. Colorized Bars and other graphic issues within Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colorized Bars and other graphic issues within Windows.: Hello all,I've run into a problem with my graphics card after 3 years, it is a GTX 1650 and for the past week I've seen a degrade in performance; the GPU performs much slower than when I first got it, and there are obvious display issues such as colored bands horizontally...
  7. Colorized Bars and other graphic issues within Windows.

Colorized Bars and other graphic issues within Windows.: Hello all,I've run into a problem with my graphics card after 3 years, it is a GTX 1650 and for the past week I've seen a degrade in performance; the GPU performs much slower than when I first got it, and there are obvious display issues such as colored bands horizontally...
  8. Colorized Bars and other graphic issues within Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows color issue

Windows color issue: I have a very strange problem that just cropped up. My old backup computer running Windows 10 started showing strange background colors. For example, when I open a new Word document, the page is light blue. In file explorer, the background is blue. If I open a photo, the...
  10. Windows color issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows color issue: I have a very strange problem that just cropped up. My old backup computer running Windows 10 started showing strange background colors. For example, when I open a new Word document, the page is light blue. In file explorer, the background is blue. If I open a photo, the...