Windows 10: "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

Discus and support "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Saw this yesterday and ran a malware scan but didn't find anything. I restarted my PC and that made it disappear, or at least lessened its RAM usage to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erik Jönsson, May 15, 2024.

1. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

Saw this yesterday and ran a malware scan but didn't find anything. I restarted my PC and that made it disappear, or at least lessened its RAM usage to unnoticeable levels. But today I decided to check again out of curiosity and IT WAS BACK!Wont let me upload an image for some reason so here is a link to it instead.

:)

Erik Jönsson, May 15, 2024
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, May 15, 2024
  3. spunk Win User
    32bit vs 64bit with 2GB of ram

Also, 64bit Windows runs very slow on 2GB of RAM, we suggest 4GB or better to install 64bit Windows.

spunk, May 15, 2024
  4. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

Desktop app runs as background process?

Thank you for your reply, Joy.

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately my application isn't listed there. It's not a Windows 10 app, but an older 32-bit application that should run in windowed mode, but for some reason when I double click its icon it starts as a background process
    instead of a windowed app. That happens in most of the cases, fortunately, at the end it somehow starts as a desktop app. But I cannot reproduce this behavior.

As a temporary solution, to keep it in windowed mode I never shut the computer down, but instead I leave the application running and put the computer to sleep.

Is there a setting to instruct Windows to run my application as a desktop application and not as a background process? Thank you.

Regards,

A

useless-me, May 15, 2024
Thema:

"Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

1. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM?? - Similar Threads - Command Process running

2. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??: my laptop fans run at full speed but as soon as i open task manager it goes down to silent and cpu uasge reduces to 2 from 100% percent in idle condition and when i close task manager fans go up full speed and if i keep task manger open then it remains normal and sometimes i...
  3. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??: my laptop fans run at full speed but as soon as i open task manager it goes down to silent and cpu uasge reduces to 2 from 100% percent in idle condition and when i close task manager fans go up full speed and if i keep task manger open then it remains normal and sometimes i...
  4. "Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??

"Windows Command Process" is running in the background and using 2GB of my RAM??: Saw this yesterday and ran a malware scan but didn't find anything. I restarted my PC and that made it disappear, or at least lessened its RAM usage to unnoticeable levels. But today I decided to check again out of curiosity and IT WAS BACK!Wont let me upload an image for...
  5. Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage: My pc windows command processor is taking more than 2gb ram usage when i use applications? please help to remove thisI viewed other threads also in this forum that addresses the same need but i need personal help.Thanks...
  6. Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage

Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage: My pc windows command processor is taking more than 2gb ram usage when i use applications? please help to remove thisI viewed other threads also in this forum that addresses the same need but i need personal help.Thanks...
  7. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  8. Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background processes using 10 gb of ram?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nitronium777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij15r3/background_processes_using_10_gb_of_ram/
  9. Background Processes Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...
  10. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...