Windows 10: windows + comodo = problems?

Discus and support windows + comodo = problems? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CASheckels, Sep 9, 2018.

1. windows + comodo = problems?

Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I turn it on.

Awhile back, a family member advised me to install Comodo. Seems to have a lot of features, most important of which is alerting me to files/programs trying to come through.

However, I've read:

a) you shouldn't have two firewalls at the same time;

b) Comodo takes up a lot of space (memory), which is a problem on this PC;

c) Comodo can also stop other programs/etc. from working properly- and some examples given include issues I'm having trouble with, such as copy/paste, clipboard, Windows Defender, etc.

So would it be a good idea, and not create any additional difficulties, to uninstall Comodo entirely?

Security is my #1 concern.

:)

CASheckels, Sep 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

windows + comodo = problems? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Comodo 'AT RISK'

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you running any other security software along with Comodo?
    I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the Comodo Support
    Forum
    and check.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 9, 2018
  4. windows + comodo = problems?

COMODO false readings?

alright i have avast and comodo...now heres the weird thing...Comodo will find stuff in a folder named avast4 folder in my c/windows/temp/avast4...like weird huer and stuff...now is that avast4 folder apart of the avast program? it has a text file in it called webshlock? im just curious what its all about cause avg doesnt find anything...avast doesnt find anything...is comodo just throwing up false positives? just curious? thanks for all the help if you need a list of what its finding i currently have it quarenteed

Marineborn, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

windows + comodo = problems?

1. windows + comodo = problems? - Similar Threads - comodo problems

2. Suggestion for evaluation needed: Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggestion for evaluation needed: Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview...: I currently got Win 11 and I am now adjusting the ruleset and training the firewall COMODO.Based on that source checking location and is it potentially crucial to have internetaccess I decide the rule to block or passhttps://www.file.net/Now an error start to appear in the...
  3. Suggestion for evaluation needed: Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for evaluation needed: Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview...: I currently got Win 11 and I am now adjusting the ruleset and training the firewall COMODO.Based on that source checking location and is it potentially crucial to have internetaccess I decide the rule to block or passhttps://www.file.net/Now an error start to appear in the...
  4. Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview are appearing

Adjusting Comodo Firewall rules - Messages in eventview are appearing: I currently got Win 11 and I am now adjusting the ruleset and training the firewall COMODO.Based on that source checking location and is it potentially crucial to have internetaccess I decide the rule to block or passhttps://www.file.net/Now Warnings and errors start to...
  5. Windows 11 has a conflict problem with COMODO firewall, slows down processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has a conflict problem with COMODO firewall, slows down processes: Hello, up until mid February I went crazy trying to figure out while, at a certain point of the day, Win 11 started to lag a lot when I tried to run any process. I did EVERYTHING I found online and even more. I've sent a feedback to microsoft itself registering my system data...
  6. Windows 11 has a conflict problem with COMODO firewall, slows down processes

Windows 11 has a conflict problem with COMODO firewall, slows down processes: Hello, up until mid February I went crazy trying to figure out while, at a certain point of the day, Win 11 started to lag a lot when I tried to run any process. I did EVERYTHING I found online and even more. I've sent a feedback to microsoft itself registering my system data...
  7. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Comodo Antivirus Update: If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will come inside my genshin impact folder. I don't want it quarantine genshin new version zip files will come inside genshin...
  8. Comodo Firewall Notification

Comodo Firewall Notification: When I go ahead and try to install Comodo Firewall i get a PUP block form Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes. Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?...
  9. Avast ve Comodo çakışır mı

Avast ve Comodo çakışır mı: İki antivirus çakışır mı https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-ve-comodo-%C3%A7ak%C4%B1%C5%9F%C4%B1r/171d2efd-80d2-4fc7-91ea-f397cf9b0464
  10. Comodo firewall install error 12029 - Help

Comodo firewall install error 12029 - Help: One of my PC's I have will not let me install Comodo firewall on it....The PC is a 2013 HP(P6-2420T) I bought new and is running the latest version of win 10 and runs great....This PC has had the Comodo firewall on it before and all worked great but a few months ago I was...