Windows 10: windows + comodo = problems?

Discus and support windows + comodo = problems? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CASheckels, Sep 9, 2018.

1. CASheckels Win User

windows + comodo = problems?

Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I turn it on.

Awhile back, a family member advised me to install Comodo. Seems to have a lot of features, most important of which is alerting me to files/programs trying to come through.

However, I've read:

a) you shouldn't have two firewalls at the same time;

b) Comodo takes up a lot of space (memory), which is a problem on this PC;

c) Comodo can also stop other programs/etc. from working properly- and some examples given include issues I'm having trouble with, such as copy/paste, clipboard, Windows Defender, etc.

So would it be a good idea, and not create any additional difficulties, to uninstall Comodo entirely?

Security is my #1 concern.

:)

CASheckels, Sep 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

windows + comodo = problems? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Niranjan Manjhi Win User
    Comodo 'AT RISK'

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you running any other security software along with Comodo?
    I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the Comodo Support
    Forum
    and check.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Marineborn Win User

COMODO false readings?

alright i have avast and comodo...now heres the weird thing...Comodo will find stuff in a folder named avast4 folder in my c/windows/temp/avast4...like weird huer and stuff...now is that avast4 folder apart of the avast program? it has a text file in it called webshlock? im just curious what its all about cause avg doesnt find anything...avast doesnt find anything...is comodo just throwing up false positives? just curious? thanks for all the help if you need a list of what its finding i currently have it quarenteed

Marineborn, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. windows + comodo = problems? - Similar Threads - comodo problems

2. Windows 19 Kernel problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 19 Kernel problem: I am getting an error when I try to open files. C:\program...\soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents. I am allowed to open files from a box OPEN READ ONLY. That box is contain in an box titled: Document could not be Locked The lock file...
  3. Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler: I've noticed that Comodo has several tasks in the Windows task scheduler - and no matter how many times I disable them, or even delete them, they reappear every time I reboot, with new scheduled times: Comodo Telemetry - At log on of any user - One time - After triggered,...
  4. How to fix Comodo Browser Protection

How to fix Comodo Browser Protection: Hey guys, I keep getting this notification from past week and I want to disable it. [img] Regards. 101932
  5. Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo: Hi guys. The problem I'm experiencing is that on startup most of my programs crash. Nvidia is the first one then other startup programs. If I attempt to run other programs then they crash as well. The error reads that the program was unable to startup. It works after...
  6. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...
  7. Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on

Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on: I have Comodo's free protection installed. Since I installed Windows 10, I keep getting a periodic pop-up message at the lower right of my screen telling me that both Comodo Defense + and Windows Defender are turned off. When I go to the Security and Maintenance window, both...
  8. Comodo censorship filter in new Firefox browser 46.0.1Not comfortable.

in Browsers and Email
    Comodo censorship filter in new Firefox browser 46.0.1Not comfortable.: Comodo is Spanish is translated as "comfortable". But in Firefox 46.0.1, it is anything but. In my discussion forums that I use Firefox for, Mozilla decided to incorporate the Comodo filter. And no, they did not say anything about it when Firefox was "updated". If I...
  9. unable to install / run comodo program manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install / run comodo program manager: need to install and run this on windows 10 32 or 64 bit OS keeps saying need to restart pc to complete install using windows 7 compatibility mode Thanks 80354
  10. BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e): Hello, I'm trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security and I get a blue screen when I try to do so. The blue screen happens during the "uninstalling kernel drivers" part. The STOP error given is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. How do I uninstall CIS without the blue...