Windows 10: Windows compatibility with CCleaner

Discus and support Windows compatibility with CCleaner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have three computers, just recently installed updates to Windows 10. Now CCleaner will not open on any of the three computers. I have used restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankieZ49, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows compatibility with CCleaner

I have three computers, just recently installed updates to Windows 10. Now CCleaner will not open on any of the three computers. I have used restore points, uninstalled CCleaner, reinstalled, and still the program will not open. I have contacted Piriform. All other Piriform products installed in the same bundled licensed software will function properly.

:)

FrankieZ49, Mar 28, 2020

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 28, 2020
  3. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Mar 28, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Windows compatibility with CCleaner

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Windows compatibility with CCleaner [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Windows compatibility with CCleaner cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows compatibility with CCleaner

1. Windows compatibility with CCleaner - Similar Threads - compatibility CCleaner

2. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  3. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  4. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  5. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  6. Compatibility mode removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility mode removed: I download fallout 3 from steam but it crashed after I hit new game I read that the compatibility mode would help but it has been removed from windows 11 not making it easy to play certain games I tried the fallout games and they same to work perfectly the mind boggles why...
  7. Compatibility mode removed

Compatibility mode removed: I download fallout 3 from steam but it crashed after I hit new game I read that the compatibility mode would help but it has been removed from windows 11 not making it easy to play certain games I tried the fallout games and they same to work perfectly the mind boggles why...
  8. hello guys is gtx 750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello guys is gtx 750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao: hey guys is this graphics card gtx750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao because there is a sale graphics i want to know if its compatible...
  9. hello guys is gtx 750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao

hello guys is gtx 750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao: hey guys is this graphics card gtx750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao because there is a sale graphics i want to know if its compatible...
  10. hello guys is gtx 750 ti compatible with foxconn motherboard 17ao

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware