Windows 10: Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

Discus and support Windows completely frozen on restart screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thanks, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Thanks Win User

Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I decided to turn off my internet so that the game would close by itself. Normally when my computer lags I restart it, I decided to restart my computer. My computer (Dell laptop) is now frozen on the restart screen and I am unable to do anything. No commands work and not even the restart button.

:)

Thanks, Nov 4, 2016
  2. DonP327 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade has frozen pc unfinished

Computer frozen upgrade not complete. How to restart with a dead screen

DonP327, Nov 4, 2016
  3. 123castle Win User
    Zeus virus

Message suddenly popped up on laptop

Zeus virus detected, call this number

Screen completely frozen

Had to shut down

Now will not restart

123castle, Nov 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try the following: disconnect your power cord, then pop the battery from the laptop. Let it sit for 30-60 seconds. Reinsert power cord, and hit the start button (You can, and should, put the battery back after you see if it will start or not). Chances are decent, the machine will restart once you disconnect all A/C, then reconnect and restart. Let us know what happens.
    Good luck, and HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 5, 2016
  5. Thanks Win User
    very much seemed to work.

Thanks, Nov 9, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad the "simple fix" worked for you. For this kind of problem, fixes get more complicated -- and expensive -- if this doesn't do the trick. That's why you should be glad it worked for you, too! *Biggrin
    Always glad to help out.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows completely frozen on restart screen. - Similar Threads - completely frozen restart

2. Screen is frozen, "Working on updates, 95% complete"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen is frozen, "Working on updates, 95% complete": Hello, everyone! Please help me out. My laptop is updating, but the circular dots beside the "95% complete" just stopped moving. So I'm not really sure if it's working on updates or not. It's been like this for hours. I've force-restarted it many times, but it would go back...
  3. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  4. SCREEN FROZEN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SCREEN FROZEN: My husband is having a problem with the screen freezing on his Linx tablet. It switches on, he can log in but once the Bing screen appears it freezes. There is no cursor either. We're both Silver Surfers and are not as au fait with technology as most of the members on this...
  5. Screen Frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Frozen: Hi, I'm currently using a Lenovo Ideapad 310 (not sure if this is relevant) but I came across a problem a few days ago. I went on my laptop and it just froze and shutdown, and I tried opening it again and it took hours before it logged me into a temporary account. It came...
  6. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: Hi! Please help. My laptop keeps on freezing every time it is idle. Screen will freeze and nothing I can do. So I always force shut down my laptop by holding the power button. Sometimes, when I'm taking piss in the restroom when I check my laptop it's restarting on its own....
  7. COMPLETELY FROZEN!!

COMPLETELY FROZEN!!: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am completely frozen. I cannot even logout, restart it or anything at all. I cannot even shutdown by pressing the start button. Please help....
  8. Frozen screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen screen and keeps restarting: My computer randomly started restarting last night. It restarted after about 30 minutes. Then about 10 minutes later it restarts again and had been at the same black screen saying my system didnt shut down cleanly and all diagnostics are at 100% but it wont move past this...
  9. Frozen screen

Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...
  10. Windows 10 completely frozen except for internet access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 completely frozen except for internet access.: What do I do? Windows 10 is completely frozen except for internet access. Will not let me download anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-completely-frozen-except-for-internet/2dc2dd2f-bc36-4955-927d-a54843909b8d