Windows 10: Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

Discus and support Windows completely frozen on restart screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thanks, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Thanks Win User

Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I decided to turn off my internet so that the game would close by itself. Normally when my computer lags I restart it, I decided to restart my computer. My computer (Dell laptop) is now frozen on the restart screen and I am unable to do anything. No commands work and not even the restart button.

:)

Thanks, Nov 4, 2016
  2. DonP327 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade has frozen pc unfinished

Computer frozen upgrade not complete. How to restart with a dead screen

DonP327, Nov 4, 2016
  3. 123castle Win User
    Zeus virus

Message suddenly popped up on laptop

Zeus virus detected, call this number

Screen completely frozen

Had to shut down

Now will not restart

123castle, Nov 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try the following: disconnect your power cord, then pop the battery from the laptop. Let it sit for 30-60 seconds. Reinsert power cord, and hit the start button (You can, and should, put the battery back after you see if it will start or not). Chances are decent, the machine will restart once you disconnect all A/C, then reconnect and restart. Let us know what happens.
    Good luck, and HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 5, 2016
  5. Thanks Win User
    very much seemed to work.

Thanks, Nov 9, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad the "simple fix" worked for you. For this kind of problem, fixes get more complicated -- and expensive -- if this doesn't do the trick. That's why you should be glad it worked for you, too! *Biggrin
    Always glad to help out.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows completely frozen on restart screen. - Similar Threads - completely frozen restart

2. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  3. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  4. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random Complete Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Complete Frozen Screen: Anybody else having issues after the latest update where your computer just freezes and you can’t do anything??? I have a 2060 and and AMD 5 2600x and randomly when I’m just on chrome or whatever my screen freezes I can’t even ctrl alt delete and all my fans turn off and my...
  6. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC: I kept getting blue screens constantly to the point where the windows wouldnt even boot. Had this issue before and it was because of some windows 10 update and i had my pc restarted from the recovery menu. Did the same thing, long pressed shift while restaring the pc to get...
  7. Installation completely frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation completely frozen: Hello, I am installing Windows 10. I used the "upgrade tool," so I am not installing off of a USB or anything like that. I double checked using the "Get Windows 10" tool that my system met the eligibility requirements, and it did. Everything was going fine up until I...
  8. Screen is frozen, "Working on updates, 95% complete"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen is frozen, "Working on updates, 95% complete": Hello, everyone! Please help me out. My laptop is updating, but the circular dots beside the "95% complete" just stopped moving. So I'm not really sure if it's working on updates or not. It's been like this for hours. I've force-restarted it many times, but it would go back...
  9. COMPLETELY FROZEN!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPLETELY FROZEN!!: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am completely frozen. I cannot even logout, restart it or anything at all. I cannot even shutdown by pressing the start button. Please help....
  10. Frozen screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen screen and keeps restarting: My computer randomly started restarting last night. It restarted after about 30 minutes. Then about 10 minutes later it restarts again and had been at the same black screen saying my system didnt shut down cleanly and all diagnostics are at 100% but it wont move past this...