Windows 10: Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

Discus and support Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I kept getting blue screens constantly to the point where the windows wouldnt even boot. Had this issue before and it was because of some windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sylwia1104, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

I kept getting blue screens constantly to the point where the windows wouldnt even boot. Had this issue before and it was because of some windows 10 update and i had my pc restarted from the recovery menu. Did the same thing, long pressed shift while restaring the pc to get into troubleshooting and picked an option to restart the pc while keeping all my files. Everything was going good, then suddently when it was at about 50% restart the recovery mode showed up again with the normal options to continue to windows/troubleshooting/turning off the pc etc. Pressed the option to continue and it completely froze. I still see on the screen the "choose an option" screen but its dimmed now and can't do anything.

I dont know if i can just hard turn off the pc and try again? I really dont want to loose all my files.

:)

Sylwia1104, Nov 28, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Outlook is completely frozen

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Apparently, you no longer have an option to not automatically install updates. So it installed updates this morning, and ever since then, the Outlook is completely frozen. I go into it and it has new emails, but I can't
    click them, I can't scroll through my list, or anything. I have restarted my computer but it doesn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CelticFairy15, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

N900 completely frozen after the 90mb update

As subject states, my N900 is completely frozen during the 90mb update. If I restart, Nokia logo comes up, says update in progress and then screen goes completely dim. (8 hours). I downloaded PC Suite, but cannot connect to the phone as it only stays on
    for a few seconds, and then goes dim and shuts off..

Anyone has any suggestions?

R.

romank---01, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

1. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC - Similar Threads - completely frozen while

2. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  3. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  4. Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen

Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen: While trying to fix some network problems I hit “Rest Network” which then prompted that my PC will restart in 5 min. I though that meant that I could already restart now. I restarted my PC and now I can’t click on the Windows tab, any Windows programs don’t open, Windows key...
  5. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

Windows application are frozen, while PC is working: After recent update my Windows 10 applications and some third-party programs do not respond, while I can move mouse, or open other application however those can be frozen after launch as well. I.e. when I move cursor onto Search filed near Start button the blank window...
  6. MSFS completely frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS completely frozen: Hi, have a serious problem, unable to use my msfs for almost 7 weeks now. Have had new pc built, reasonable spec. Ryzen7 3700X, Radeon RX5700 XT, Corsair Vengeance LPX32 GB. MS wasc working until 17 Feb. since then frozen at loading "New Activities" Blue line slowly moves...
  7. 100% Disk Activity - Completely Frozen PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Activity - Completely Frozen PC: I know this is a vague post but this is driving be crazy and looking for professional opinion. Intermittently my PC will freeze and my C drive will be at 100 % indefinitely. I can't do anything but move the mouse around. This has happened 5 or so times, and if I power down,...
  8. Installation completely frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation completely frozen: Hello, I am installing Windows 10. I used the "upgrade tool," so I am not installing off of a USB or anything like that. I double checked using the "Get Windows 10" tool that my system met the eligibility requirements, and it did. Everything was going fine up until I...
  9. COMPLETELY FROZEN!!

COMPLETELY FROZEN!!: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am completely frozen. I cannot even logout, restart it or anything at all. I cannot even shutdown by pressing the start button. Please help....
  10. Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows completely frozen on restart screen.: I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I decided to turn off my internet so that the game would close by itself. Normally when my computer lags I restart it, I decided to...