Windows 10: Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

Discus and support Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am searching the web for hours now...When trying to install VFP 9 on a clean Windows 10 machine, the message 'The Windows Component Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marc Verkade - MITCon NL, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

I am searching the web for hours now...When trying to install VFP 9 on a clean Windows 10 machine, the message 'The Windows Component Update requirements to install Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9.0 Professional for this system have not been met. Pease run the Windows Component Update setup.'But where to find that setup? Regards, Marc

:)

Marc Verkade - MITCon NL, Feb 1, 2023

2. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

I am searching the web for hours now...

When trying to install VFP 9 on a clean Windows 10 machine, the message 'The Windows Component Update requirements to install Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9.0 Professional for this system have not been met. Pease run the Windows Component Update setup.'

But where to find that setup?

Regards, Marc

Marc Verkade - MITCon NL, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

This message is indicating that your Windows 10 machine is missing the required components or dependencies to install Visual FoxPro 9. You need to run the Windows Component Update setup to install the missing components before you can install Visual FoxPro 9. This is likely due to the fact that Visual FoxPro 9 was released in 2004, and newer versions of Windows may not include all of the components required to run it.

Visual FoxPro 9 requires several components, including:

Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 runtime libraries

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6

Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0

The problem is that Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 runtime libraries, MDAC 2.6, and Windows Installer 2.0 are no longer available for download from the Microsoft website. These components are quite old and are not compatible with the latest versions of Windows, so they are no longer officially supported by Microsoft.

if you have the original installation media for Visual FoxPro 9, you may be able to find these components on that disk. If not, you may need to consider using a different development environment or upgrading to a newer version of Visual FoxPro.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

Windows Component Update for Foxpro 9

I am installing Visual foxpro 9 on Windows 10. A pop-up informs that I need Windows Component Update requirements. Will someone please provide the link for me to download these files. Thanks.

Dunedin54321, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

1. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply? - Similar Threads - Component Update VFP

2. Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...: Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a command button "call"I understand I need to use Skypes Acftive X. HOW? Can you provide code that works. it be easier to learn....
  3. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?: I am searching the web for hours now...When trying to install VFP 9 on a clean Windows 10 machine, the message 'The Windows Component Update requirements to install Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9.0 Professional for this system have not been met. Pease run the Windows Component...
  4. Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Component Update for VFP / Foxpro 9, where to download or how to apply?: I am searching the web for hours now...When trying to install VFP 9 on a clean Windows 10 machine, the message 'The Windows Component Update requirements to install Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9.0 Professional for this system have not been met. Pease run the Windows Component...
  5. How to reset Windows update components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset Windows update components: I have been suffering from some complex problem with my pc. Could not be able to fix such as low memory space, automatically restart the pc itself etc. So i would like to update my Windows 10 but whenever updating windows it creats an error. So i think before doing this i...
  6. Visual FoxPro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual FoxPro: I cannot open some programs on my computer. I get the error message: "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library". What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-foxpro/b643ed54-2733-4190-ba1c-2cdd55ed9249
  7. foxpro for windows v2.6

foxpro for windows v2.6: Hello all, I have the source code for a system I developed years ago in fpw v2.6 that I'd like to upgrade to vfp v9. Can anyone give me a lead as to how I can get a copy to foxpro for windows v2.6 (preferrably) or v2.5? Any effort would be extremely appreciated. Dan...
  8. How apply for update?

How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...
  9. I want to download and apply the update

I want to download and apply the update: Windows 10 update policy is a ****. You newer mind to ask if I want to download and apply the update. You just start the download even when I am using a mobile connection and waste by gigabyte quota. You just start the update without minding if I want it or not. You should...
  10. Visual Foxpro 9

Visual Foxpro 9: I purchased a SURFACE PRO I5/8/128 SILVER BUNDLE. I need to install visual foxpro 9 on this and have copied the files onto the surface. I am getting an error message that I need to run windows component update. I'm not sure what that is??? Moved from: Surface Pro...