Windows 10: Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...

Discus and support Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some days ago, as mentioned in the subject my some windows widgets and some apps, even smartscreen, windows search are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Farhan_Shaikh_Official, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...

Some days ago, as mentioned in the subject my some windows widgets and some apps, even smartscreen, windows search are not

:)

Farhan_Shaikh_Official, Oct 3, 2021

2. Does News and Interests widget require MS News and Weather apps?

I have a laptop that doesn't have the Microsoft News or Weather app preinstalled. After installing some Windows updates, I saw that I had the "News and interests" option in the task bar. I have it turned on but the widget hasn't shown up. Turning it off then on again didn't help. Does that widget require the MS News and Weather apps in order to function?

On another PC, I have no issues with that widget appearing but that one has had the News and Weather apps installed before the widget was released.

Mugen Power, Oct 3, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...

Favorites option issue in Microsoft Weather app.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to add
    Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the PC, prior to this issue?
    • What is the Microsoft Weather app version installed on the PC?

Meanwhile we would suggest you to reset the app and then try adding Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for Weather app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch the app and check.

If the issue still persists, then refer the steps as suggested in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...

1. Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc... - Similar Threads - components apps news

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/: When I first opened my new Windows 11 laptop, there was a News and Interest Widget at the left end of the taskbar. I had to re-install Windows about 3 days later and the widget disappeared. How do I get it back? All the instructions about right-clicking on the taskbar are...
  7. News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds: I've reset the apps and re-installed latest Windows 10 on top of existing apps and data and also ran sfc /scannow and the following DISM commands:"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"the...
  8. "News and interests" Weather widget not auto updating/refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "News and interests" Weather widget not auto updating/refreshing: The weather widget shows the same temperature all day, unless manually refreshed. What's the point of it then? Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-weather-widget-not-auto/14013f06-0e28-4e91-ab84-4ff229c2ffa2
  9. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and interests "Weather" app megathread.: Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it. And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as annoying as 100 posts ranting about it and thus, this megathread was born. How do I disable it? Right click -> News and...
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

in Windows 10 Customization
    News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...