Windows 10: Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

Discus and support Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some of the users have told us that their Windows computer boots to the BIOS automatically every time they turn it on. Even if they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

WinClub, Jul 24, 2019

2. Computer boots to bios every time

I had the same issue with a Crucial MX (or BX i forget which) 256GB ssd while running on a z170 platform. Come to find out, it was an incompatibility with the motherboard that @FordGT90Concept pointed out to me as he had the same issue. I bought a new Samsung 960 evo m.2 and the issue went away.

I suggest getting a newer model SSD and reinstalling Windows and id bet that your issue will go away.

Edit: Thread necro!

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Computer boots to bios every time

Same problem with same title. PC boots directly to bios.
    It first started happening like 1 week ago. Most of the times the SSD (witch holds the windows) is not visible in the bios. It only sees the HDD.

Today something more crazy happened. I was watching youtube, and the page stopped loading, after lets say 2 minutes, notices the windows was acting very slow, the computer crashed.
    Booted into bios, no SSD was visible there. Turned off power,after few more attempts, after 20 minutes it turned on just fine.
    So something wrong happened even when the computer was on ... is it power related?? Maybe i should try switching the cables around ...

Is the ssd dying ? Maybe software/windows related. Its a new install ,since i got the new computer.

I could also install windows on HDD, cuz i know there is no problem there,and use the ssd as a storage. Even tho that just is a bad decision.
    What do you guys think ?

I will try to mess with the cables... thing is, i remember not long ago, at the beginning of the year, i had the same problems with the ssd. Many months later, they are back.

Any software that you can recommend to see / check if the ssd is still good ?

4. Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

Computer boots to bios every time

It may be a failing SSD or malfunctioning SATA controller

silentbogo, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

1. Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on - Similar Threads - computer boots BIOS

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  6. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  7. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  9. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  10. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer works on updates every time it is turned on: Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off,...