Windows 10: Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU

Discus and support Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Many Windows users, especially gamers use a second high-end GPU for their systems over and above the dedicated graphics card. The system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 30, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU

WinClub, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Necromar Win User

Inactivate second gpu sli

Hey gyus.

I have the system as listed below:

Mobo: Asus striker II extreme sli
    Ram: 4 gb 1333 Mhz
    cpu: core 2 duo E8400
    Ssd 120 gb
    2 x gtx 550 ti
    Win 10 x64

So the problem is that i can see everywhere that my computer recognize my 2 gpus. But when i am trying to run my favorite game ( path of exile) it says that my second card is inactive.
    I have tried many solutions but i cannot work my second gpu.
    Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Necromar, Oct 30, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU - Similar Threads - computer doesn’t recognize

2. GPU not recognized by laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not recognized by laptop: So I have a new laptop bought this may, a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 and it works really well. Well it did anyway, up until yesterday. I found out I had a trojan virus and the device started to move pretty badly. I tried to erase it but it didnt work, so I reinstalled the...
  3. GPU not recognized by laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not recognized by laptop: So I have a new laptop bought this may, a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 and it works really well. Well it did anyway, up until yesterday. I found out I had a trojan virus and the device started to move pretty badly. I tried to erase it but it didnt work, so I reinstalled the...
  4. Windows doesn’t recognize account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows doesn’t recognize account: I get to login and it tries to recognize windows and then logs me into a tenporary account. There is always a popup thay says something along the lines of logging out and back in normally fixes this problem. It hasn’t yet, and I really am getting tired off having to log in...
  5. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU: Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand, 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M. I never had any problems with update until some months ago with the latest Win10 Update, everytime I did it it seems like it didnt recognize the Nvidia GPU. I have tried...
  6. Computer won't recognize a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't recognize a second monitor: So I got a new computer. SN is 2Mo0094G27 in case you want to look at specs. When I connected both of my monitors to it, only one of them worked. HP w1907 and a Huion Gt-190 drawing monitor *Note*- I did add a graphics card to help support the two monitors, but I have...
  7. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize my second drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn’t recognize my second drive: I have a Seagate Xbox One 4 Terabyte External Hard Drive, which I reformatted for Windows 10/PC in Disk Manager, but the rest of the system doesn’t recognize it (Steam, Files, etc) Why is this and how do I fix it? Just to be clear, Disk Management recognizes the drive but...
  8. PC doesn’t recognize USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn’t recognize USB: I use a laptop with Windows 10 and an MP3 player. The player works without problems, but I can not connect it to the laptop to load new songs on it. My laptop simply can not see it....
  9. My computer doesn’t recognize my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer doesn’t recognize my password: How could Open my computer if my password is not recognized by my computer?j https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-recognize-my-password/e0fac17f-36e4-4cfb-a601-fc3bfd414210
  10. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows: A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and installed Windows 10 Home using his own recovery media. Today I booted up my laptop and downloaded most of the drivers without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my second gpu doesnt work

2. windows 10 doesnt recognize my main gpu

3. how do i get windows 10 to recognize my second gpu

4. how to make windows recognize a second gpu