Windows 10: Windows computer slower download speeds

Discus and support Windows computer slower download speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy from 2016, with a gigabit ethernet port and wireless ac. This computer is consistently getting slower speeds than my Android devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mjouse, Sep 14, 2018.

1. mjouse Win User

Windows computer slower download speeds

I have an HP Envy from 2016, with a gigabit ethernet port and wireless ac. This computer is consistently getting slower speeds than my Android devices, and my older linux computer. Wired(same wire and ports as when I plug the linux computer in), I can't get over 100Mbps. It usually caps around 95. Wireless, I can sometimes get around 150Mbps(which is my Comcast download speed), but not all the time.

My phone is consistently getting 140-170Mbps over AC, and my linux computer is consistently getting the same 140-170Mbps wired.

It seems like something in Windows 10 is causing this issue.

:)

mjouse, Sep 14, 2018

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 14, 2018
  3. link626 Win User
    Why does Windows 10 cause slower download speed than Windows 7?

Downloading the same file on the same computer in the same location.
    Win 7/10 dual boot.

Windows 10 downloads the same file 5-10x slower than Windows 7, with the same Intel wifi drivers.
    It's singlethread download is throttled for some reason I can't figure out why.

Is it registry settings? This is a clean windows 10 install. No bloatware.
    What is it about Windows 10 that makes downloads so slow...

Compare the awful speed of windows 10...

Windows computer slower download speeds [​IMG]

I can max out my internet connection in Windows 10 with simultaneous threads in other speed tests. But singlethread downloads suck in Win10. Are there any tweaks?

link626, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows computer slower download speeds

ReubenFaleiro, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows computer slower download speeds

1. Windows computer slower download speeds - Similar Threads - computer slower download

2. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  3. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  4. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop: My girlfriend and I recently got new Wifi and decided to pay the extra penny to get the best out of our internet. We went with Virgin Media and got the new Hub 5 router with a speed cap of 512Mbps. Initially we tested the speeds on my laptop with 'Ookla Speedtest' and I was...
  5. Download speed slower than upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  6. Microsoft Store suddenly slower download speed

Microsoft Store suddenly slower download speed: Hello, I have an issue with download speed on Microsoft Store, I am trying to download a pretty big game but my download speed is only 60-70 Mb/s but I am using ethernet and before it was 200+ Mb/s idk why it is slower than before, 130 Mb/s diference between now and my last...
  7. slower download speed onmy laptop

slower download speed onmy laptop: New (two weeks) to spectrum internet service. Desktop (W10) getting 200mbps on 2G wireless network. Toshiba laptop (W10) getting 30mbps on same network and closer to router. On Ethernet network laptop getting 90mbps. The HP desktop does not see the Ethernet network so I...
  8. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  9. Slower speeds with windows 10?

Slower speeds with windows 10?: Hello, My speeds before on speedtest were about 130 mbps. After just installing windows 10 I am getting a max of about 90. Any fix for this? What is the problem? 9631
  10. New router but slower download speed

New router but slower download speed: Hello, I just replaced my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to a Linksys x1000. However, my download speed is slower than the previous router I had. I tried the following things to resolve this problem: Upgrading to the latest firmware version; Updated my wireless network...