Windows 10: Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

Discus and support Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys So, I started to configure some Provisioning-Packages for my Company with the Configuration Designer. I tried to configure an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nef Gian WIL_IDW, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

Hello Guys

So, I started to configure some Provisioning-Packages for my Company with the Configuration Designer. I tried to configure an "MultiAppAssignedAccess-Image" with the xml file but it seems it won't work.... every time I apply the provisioning package it restarts and then nothing happens like it should....

Some examples:

• just added the xml file and configured nothing else in the WCD, after applying and restart it logs on automatically (it was not configured)
    • The StartLayout does not apply (always the default layout)
    • The apps won't work (If I click on them it happens nothing)
    • and there's more...

Configuration-XML-File:

Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?! 48a9da5d-5ef9-42e0-99d5-44250590df9c?upload=true.png

I also tried to set the apps as desktop applications with the installation path (without AUMID) and the same with the layout part.

Are there some option that are dependent on this xml file and I may not have configured yet? Or maybe a syntax failure?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Nef Gian WIL_IDW, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jun 28, 2019
  3. DavidY Win User
    ADK 10: Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer

I've just tried this and was rather surprised to find it created an install disk for me which actually installed Windows.

I had to use the 'Production Media' option in the ICD to make the 'Compact OS' option appear, but when I copied the resultant files onto a VHD and pointed it at a VM with a completely blanked disk, it installed automatically up to the normal Setup screen where you choose your language/region.

When I'd installed it, I could see that the apps I'd saved before (Firefox etc.) were there, and also some customisations I put into the ICD - for instance see the System screen below.

Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?! [​IMG]

The only thing I'm not sure about is how to check whether the Compact function worked.... Hmmm.

DavidY, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

1. Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?! - Similar Threads - Configuration Designer Does

2. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  3. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  4. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer issues: I hope someone on here can help with my issues.I'm trying to deploy a bunch of machines using the WICD tool. However, whenever I attempt to deploy using the option to remove pre-installed software, the deployment will not install any of the executables I'm trying to install....
  6. Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer issues: I hope someone on here can help with my issues.I'm trying to deploy a bunch of machines using the WICD tool. However, whenever I attempt to deploy using the option to remove pre-installed software, the deployment will not install any of the executables I'm trying to install....
  7. Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Configuration Designer and Language packs

Windows Configuration Designer and Language packs: I have just started to use the Windows Designer App and it was a really nice experience, but I have searched how to install and set the system default language pack at install with no luck.. We have bought a bunch of new laptops for people working at home with the Covid...
  9. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  10. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser: The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-configuration-designer-kiosk-browser/a4db6b73-57e8-4bad-a4b7-f5edb03f31d8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows configuration designer

2. icd ppkg 1909

3. windows configuration designer kiosk example