Windows 10: Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

Discus and support Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris-J-18, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this?

:)

Chris-J-18, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

I was not aware that browser are not a good choice of app for assigned apps, read extract from MSDN (Microsoft Design Network):

Due to the subject matter I would suggest that you post your question in the TechNet Forum at the link below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home

For a kiosk device to run a Classic Windows application, use

Shell Launcher
    to set a custom user interface as the shell (Windows 10 Enterprise or Education only).

2. Web browsers

Internet Explorer and any third-party web browsers that can be set as a default browser have special permissions beyond that of most Windows Store apps.
    Web browsers are not good choices for assigned access.

If you need to use a web browser as your assigned access app, consider the following tips:

• You can create your own web browser Windows Store app by using the
      WebView
      class.
    • You can use Group Policy to block access to the file system (network shares, local drives, and local folders) from Internet Explorer’s web address bar.

To block access to the file system from Internet Explorer’s web address bar

• On the Start screen, type the following:

Copy

• Press Enter or click the gpedit icon to launch the group policy editor.

• In the group policy editor, navigate to User Configuration >
        Administrative Templates
        > Start Menu and Taskbar.

• Double-click Remove Run menu from Start Menu.

• Select Disabled, and click Apply.

Shilohbob, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

1. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser - Similar Threads - Configuration Designer Kiosk

2. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  3. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  4. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  5. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  6. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  7. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  8. RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer: Hello Everyone,I was trying to setup a Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer. And I created a provisioning package file and applied for testing it did not worked as I was assuming. But now I am not able to remove that package and I cannot revert any changes....
  9. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  10. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Unable to configure Kiosk mode: Hi, i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users. I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some machine but on a specific tiny i am using which i have rebuilt as per all our machines are build from the network using SCCM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows configuration designer

2. windows configuration designer kiosk

3. windows configuration designer kiosk browser

4. windows configuration designer kiosk mode,
  5. windows configuratin designer,
  6. microsoft kiosk browser and configuration,
  7. kiosk configuration designer,
  8. windows konfiguration designer kiosk,
  9. kiosk browser windows defaulturl,
  10. create kiosk using windows configuration designer,
  11. Kioske mode and Windows configuration design,