Windows 10: Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Discus and support Windows confuses Line In and Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! So... I have an interesting issue. [ATTACH] This is, how the Recording tab on the Sound options on my PC. The Microphone device is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChonTailor, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Hello!

So... I have an interesting issue.

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone d8396e4e-40c2-45a2-8901-7f2b2cbdb6af?upload=true.png

This is, how the Recording tab on the Sound options on my PC.

The Microphone device is the microphone, that is on my headset, which I use for communication purposes.

The Line In device is connected to the output of my laptop, and on it Listen to this device is checked, so I could hear both my desktop's and my laptop's outputs on the same headset.

This setup worked flawlessly before, but now both the Microphone input and the Line In input are being sent to Line In. The settings for both devices are still there(e.g. I can adjust volume for both of them individually), but programs recognize a mix of the two inputs one Line In and silence on Microphone.

I checked cables and drivers.

If it helps, here some of my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61MA-D3V

Sound Card: The one that's integrated into the motherboard

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 19134.523)

:)

ChonTailor, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows confuses Line In and Microphone :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

1. Windows confuses Line In and Microphone - Similar Threads - confuses Line Microphone

2. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  3. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  4. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The line-in is on but my microphone is not working: So, I have a collar mic and I tried connecting it to the line-in but it is not showing the green bars of mic being activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-line-in-is-on-but-my-microphone-is-not-working/f4d7d670-eb52-4834-b457-050cb6a53b03
  5. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The line-in is on but my microphone is not working: So, I have a collar mic and I tried connecting it to the line-in but it is not showing the green bars of mic being activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-line-in-is-on-but-my-microphone-is-not-working/f4d7d670-eb52-4834-b457-050cb6a53b03
  6. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Usb Microphone Recognised as Line in

Usb Microphone Recognised as Line in: Hey, I'm having trouble with my superlux l401u usb mic as the headphones plugged into the mic work fine but the actual mic is showing up as line in instead of microphone and as such the recorded audio is very quiet, it was working originally but not sure what has changed, I...
  8. Microphone headphone confusion

Microphone headphone confusion: Hi, I dont know why but when I connect my headphones in the jack my pc thinks is a micrphone, I have tried to update drivers unnistall and install again but they are always recognize as microphone, I would appreciate some help....
  9. microphone as line in audio

microphone as line in audio: I am using a microphone through a USB audio interface device (a Steinberg UR 22). As such my system recognizes the microphone input as line-in. This is a problem because I need to be able to enhance the audio, such as is possible with mic boosting options etc. However, there...
  10. No line-in microphone input

No line-in microphone input: Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's...