Windows 10: Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Discus and support Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have used the Windows Connect App before to use my private laptop as my second display while working from home. Until recently this has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristophZachhuber, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Hello, I have used the Windows Connect App before to use my private laptop as my second display while working from home. Until recently this has worked just fine, but now it just stopped. When I hit "Windows Button + P" and chose "Connect to a wireless display" it shows me my other laptop as an option, when I select it the little bar at the top of the screen shows up and tells me that I am connected, yet the other screen stays on the blue page that says "LAPTOPNAME is ready for you to connect wirelessly", after acting like it loads the extended screen for a second. It even acts as if I am connected and lets me move things out of the original screen, but I can't see it on the second one. Does anyone have any pointers what could be the problem? Unfortunately I can't use other casting apps since I am not an administrator on my work laptop and thus will have to figure it out with the Microsoft Connect App.

:)

ChristophZachhuber, Jan 11, 2021
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop [​IMG]

Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Connect app not working in Windows 10 laptop

Problem: I am trying to cast my Android screen to Windows 10 laptop

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows 10 OS. Whenever I search and click the 'Connect' app from Cortana, the window flicks for a fraction of a second and closes immediately.

When I try to open the Connect app from a non-Admin user, the Connect app opens but it doesn't recognize any incoming 'Cast' request. Even the Android mobile/ tablet is unable to get the laptop's name in the list of Cast devices.

Please help me.

VidyarthiMallam, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Connect app not working in Windows 10 laptop

Thank you for the reply.

Following are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to getting this issue? - No. I purchased a Windows 10 laptop very recently and the basic update of software was done
    • Will this be the first time you will be using this application? - No. After the basic software update, the 'Connect' app has worked but after less than an hour, it stopped working
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 PC? - 1809, 16299.125
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? - Only updated the latest Windows update based on the info received on the internet

After the latest update, I am able to open 'Connect' app using Admin credentials but still am unable to cast my Android mobile to the laptop

VidyarthiMallam, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

1. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop - Similar Threads - Connect App stopped

2. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?: I use a system unit with which I've connectedmy tv set as it's screen the operating systemisWindows10 with AMD VGA inside after the reset, the tv is displaying no signal. I tried using the default HDMI port provided by Intel and it still doesn't work. I need help...
  3. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?: I use a system unit with which I've connectedmy tv set as it's screen the operating systemisWindows10 with AMD VGA inside after the reset, the tv is displaying no signal. I tried using the default HDMI port provided by Intel and it still doesn't work. I need help...
  4. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cast Broken Laptop's Screen !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast Broken Laptop's Screen !: I Have A Windows Laptop Whose Screen Is Damaged And Would Take Time To Get Fixed But I Have Some Important Work So Is There A Way To Cast My Broken Laptop's Screen To My Phone Or Any Other Laptop ?...
  6. Cast Broken Laptop's Screen !

Cast Broken Laptop's Screen !: I Have A Windows Laptop Whose Screen Is Damaged And Would Take Time To Get Fixed But I Have Some Important Work So Is There A Way To Cast My Broken Laptop's Screen To My Phone Or Any Other Laptop ?...
  7. Trying to cast screen from one Laptop into another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to cast screen from one Laptop into another: Hi, I have 2 laptops, both have Miracast enabled checked wit dxdiag, both running Windows 10, both Bluetooth enabled.I set the 2nd laptop that I want to use as monitor to allow projection projecting is set to Available everywhere, Ask to project first time only.When I go to...
  8. Trying to cast screen from one Laptop into another

Trying to cast screen from one Laptop into another: Hi, I have 2 laptops, both have Miracast enabled checked wit dxdiag, both running Windows 10, both Bluetooth enabled.I set the 2nd laptop that I want to use as monitor to allow projection projecting is set to Available everywhere, Ask to project first time only.When I go to...
  9. 2 Laptops unable to connect to Mira cast screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Laptops unable to connect to Mira cast screens: I have 2 laptops , one with an Intel 9260 ngff wifi card that is v 6.6 and another with an AX200 ngff wifi card that is v 6.6 as well (verified using command : Get-netadapter|select Name, ndisversion in powershell) . DXDiag state that both laptops' GPUs are WDDM 2.0 . To my...
  10. Cast to TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...