Windows 10: Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Discus and support Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have used the Windows Connect App before to use my private laptop as my second display while working from home. Until recently this has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristophZachhuber, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

1. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Hello, I have used the Windows Connect App before to use my private laptop as my second display while working from home. Until recently this has worked just fine, but now it just stopped. When I hit "Windows Button + P" and chose "Connect to a wireless display" it shows me my other laptop as an option, when I select it the little bar at the top of the screen shows up and tells me that I am connected, yet the other screen stays on the blue page that says "LAPTOPNAME is ready for you to connect wirelessly", after acting like it loads the extended screen for a second. It even acts as if I am connected and lets me move things out of the original screen, but I can't see it on the second one. Does anyone have any pointers what could be the problem? Unfortunately I can't use other casting apps since I am not an administrator on my work laptop and thus will have to figure it out with the Microsoft Connect App.

:)

ChristophZachhuber, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:47 AM
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop [​IMG]

Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop [​IMG]

Thanks

3. Connect app not working in Windows 10 laptop

Problem: I am trying to cast my Android screen to Windows 10 laptop

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows 10 OS. Whenever I search and click the 'Connect' app from Cortana, the window flicks for a fraction of a second and closes immediately.

When I try to open the Connect app from a non-Admin user, the Connect app opens but it doesn't recognize any incoming 'Cast' request. Even the Android mobile/ tablet is unable to get the laptop's name in the list of Cast devices.

Please help me.

VidyarthiMallam, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:53 AM
  4. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

Connect app not working in Windows 10 laptop

Thank you for the reply.

Following are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to getting this issue? - No. I purchased a Windows 10 laptop very recently and the basic update of software was done
    • Will this be the first time you will be using this application? - No. After the basic software update, the 'Connect' app has worked but after less than an hour, it stopped working
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 PC? - 1809, 16299.125
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? - Only updated the latest Windows update based on the info received on the internet

After the latest update, I am able to open 'Connect' app using Admin credentials but still am unable to cast my Android mobile to the laptop

VidyarthiMallam, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:53 AM
Thema:

Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop

1. Windows Connect App stopped working when trying to cast screen to laptop - Similar Threads - Connect App stopped

2. 2 Laptops unable to connect to Mira cast screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Laptops unable to connect to Mira cast screens: I have 2 laptops , one with an Intel 9260 ngff wifi card that is v 6.6 and another with an AX200 ngff wifi card that is v 6.6 as well (verified using command : Get-netadapter|select Name, ndisversion in powershell) . DXDiag state that both laptops' GPUs are WDDM 2.0 . To my...
  3. Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?: We all know about Laptop/PC/Phone casting to TV via wifi with a smart tv and all of that jazz but is it possible do the the exact opposite on Windows 10? I can't seem to be able to find anything about being able to do cast TV screen to a Laptop. If it is possible, would it...
  4. Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN: Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with my camera issue. Everytime I connect to VPN my camera stops working. To get it working again I need to open device manager, uninstall it and then reinstall. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? I am running...
  5. how to cast phone screen into personal laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to cast phone screen into personal laptop: how to cast phone screen into personal laptop by app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cast-phone-screen-into-personal-laptop/d69d4df7-9afb-4ef2-b8d1-7d1a9bd4d69a
  6. Not able to connect Windows 10 screen cast with anyview cast of VU smart Tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to connect Windows 10 screen cast with anyview cast of VU smart Tv: Hi , I am using Dell Inspiron 7559 installed with windows 10 . I am trying to connect it with VU smart tv anyview cast but the connection is not happening The window driver details are given below: Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Vendor...
  7. Internet stops working when plugging in laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when plugging in laptop: When I want to do use the internet and charge my laptop, the internet connection stops working. The wifi connection is working though. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 530 and has been working fine for 2 years since I got it. When it is not plugged in, the internet works normally...
  8. Cast to TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...
  9. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....
  10. Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops: Hello, I have a Lenovo Z710 laptop. It has keyboard like THIS. On F9 key it you can turn on/off laptop screen. Do you know what Im talking about? Remember this for later. Also, I always use external 24" Dell monitor, 99% of time. I have the following problem. Every day,...