Windows 10: WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING

Discus and support WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to be able to cast my android phone screen from my samsung note 9 to my hp laptop about 5 months back. No lag and no need of hotspot. Easily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaphaelLazar, Jun 13, 2020.

1. WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING

I used to be able to cast my android phone screen from my samsung note 9 to my hp laptop about 5 months back. No lag and no need of hotspot. Easily connected when i activate smart view on my phone and open the Connect app on my PC. Casts everything smoothly.

But after that, my phone connects to the PC, but now it does not cast the phone screen as it is. All it shows is my phone wallpaper, and 2 large icons at the two bottom corners of the screen. The right corner icon is shaped like a settings icon, and the right one is like an app drawer icon. i cant mirror the whole screen anymore.

What i can do are the following:

1 when i play a video on the samsung media player on my phone, the video is cast to the pc screen. The minute i exit, it goes back to the wallpaper screen with the 2 icons.

2 If i play anything on youtube, only the sound is cast through the pc. There is no video.

I cannot click on the 2 big icons on the screen with the mouse. It makes no sense, because it works well with my friends phone, and he uses the same phone that i do. I have cross checked the settings on his phone and mine, and everything looks the same.

Anyone?

:)

RaphaelLazar, Jun 13, 2020
  2. mianasif1 Win User

Screen Mirroring From Android to Windows 10 Desktop PC Hardware Error !

mianasif1, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Screen Mirroring From Android to Windows 10 Desktop PC Hardware Error !

Hi Mianasif,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your Android phone?
    2. Are you Screen Mirroring for the first time?
    3. Are you able to Screen Mirror your Android phone on another computer?
    4. What is the complete error message that you get when you try to Screen Mirror?
    5. How are you trying to Screen Mirror?

I see that your HP Pavilion 500-070 Desktop PC is not compatible with Windows 10 and that might be the reason you are facing issues with Screen Mirroring. You can check about the compatibility by going to
    HP Pavilion 500-070 Desktop PC.

Let us try to check first if Miracast is supported on your device. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      Dxdiag > Hit Enter.
    2. Once DirectX Diagnostic Tool is loaded, click on
      Save All Information and select the destination for the file to be saved.
    3. Open the text file and look for Miracast and let us know about the status.

Also, you may refer the section Check whether your computer supports Miracast from
    HP PCs - Sharing Your Screen Using Miracast (Windows 10) to check whether your computer supports Miracast.

If your computer supports Miracast, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Project to a wireless display with Miracast and try projecting
    to a wireless display.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2020
  4. WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING

screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING

1. WINDOWS CONNECT FOR ANDROID SCREEN MIRRORING - Similar Threads - CONNECT ANDROID SCREEN

2. screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen mirroring: How do I do this from and HP desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/41f3728f-4c40-46f1-b6d7-5821b5d23172
  3. screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen mirroring: how do I connect my Windows 10 laptop to a Roku 3 player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/c2181bce-895a-4317-b706-1527be94ba11
  4. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Mirroring: Hey guys : I am trying to get an app on my android phone to show on my pc laptop. I've enabled Bluetooth on both, installed Your Phone on both, accepted all pairing, allowed all connections, and basically tried eveeything else i can think of. Screen Mirroring does not...
  5. Mirror Android phone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror Android phone on Windows 10: Hello, I'm having problems to cast my Android to my mini PC (Vorke V1 plus). Using a Windows phone the app built into Windows 10 works perfectly. But with my android devices, the app says "device name is about to cast" but nothing ever appears or fails. I've already tried...
  6. Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app: Phone screen – supported devices We are excited to provide an early preview into the newest feature for the Your Phone app – phone screen. You can now mirror your Android phone’s screen directly on your PC without having to dig for your phone. This article describes the PCs...
  7. screen mirroring

screen mirroring: how can i mirror my laptop screen over my smart tv wireless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/6a0a2e3b-2b81-4efe-8b43-b540d2213d14
  8. screen mirroring

screen mirroring: Having trouble steaming my laptop screen onto my TV (via ROKU plugged into TV with HDMI). Very hit and miss - much more miss than hit. Even abysmal when laptop 6" from ROKU....
  9. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe
  10. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe