Windows 10: Windows Connection Manager Crashes Computer

Discus and support Windows Connection Manager Crashes Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 1909 current through KB4541335 Lenovo thinkpad x1 Yoga 8 Gb 250 Gb SSD The computer will flicker and reboot spontaneously 6 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ljr_1959, Apr 2, 2020.

1. ljr_1959 Win User

Windows Connection Manager Crashes Computer

I'm running Win 10 1909 current through KB4541335

Lenovo thinkpad x1 Yoga 8 Gb 250 Gb SSD

The computer will flicker and reboot spontaneously 6 min and 30s after a restart

Event viewer shows a Kernal-Power fault with bugcheckcode 126

In SafeMode the machine is stable indefinitely

Problem seems to be the Windows Connection Manager Service, if I disable it in MSConfig, machine is stable indefinitely

But this turns off the wifi :-

Intel Driver manager says all drivers are up to date

Lenovo update manager flickers and reboots during attempts to update

How can I 'update' the Windows connection manager service, without using wifi?

I would like a solution that does not involve a system reset

:)

ljr_1959, Apr 2, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 2, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

the calling would crash the whole internet connect

Hi,

I would like to ask more information regarding the issue to better assist you:

1. What changes have been made on the computer before this issue start?
    2. When you say crash, does it disconnect the computer from the internet or the whole system crashes?
    3. Does it have an error message?
    4. It is possible that an antivirus or malware-prevention software might prevent you from getting connected so with that, do you have a third-party antivirus or malware protection program installed in the computer?

In the meantime, I suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to isolate the issue. Here's how:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

You can also perform the troubleshooting steps in this article to determine the root cause of the problem.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Connection Manager Crashes Computer - Similar Threads - Connection Manager Crashes

2. Computer crashes while connecting to the Internet

in Windows 10 News
    Computer crashes while connecting to the Internet: [IMG]If your computer crashes while connecting to the internet, the solutions provided in this article will help you. According to the reports, the Windows computer crashes every time users connect it to the internet through WiFi. Computer crashes while connecting to the...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager Crash: Hello,Until recently, I've been having many computer crashes due to what I thought was an issue with my GPU black screen due to a livekernelevent 141 issue. I've since resolved that, however, now I've been having issues with desktop windows manager randomly crashing with the...
  4. Desktop Window Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Window Manager Crashing: So my desktop window manager has started to crash recently, since 28/09/22, which causes the whole display to freeze. There appears to be no pattern that I can see in regards to what causes these crashes - will happen if PC is at load or is not at load. The display will...
  5. Desktop Window Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Crashing: So my desktop window manager has started to crash recently, since 28/09/22, which causes the whole display to freeze. There appears to be no pattern that I can see in regards to what causes these crashes - will happen if PC is at load or is not at load. The display will...
  6. Windows crashing Memory Management on a brand new computer and Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing Memory Management on a brand new computer and Windows install: I need help figuring out why my windows continues to blue screen several times a day since I got it less than a week ago. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1a Parameter 1: 61941 Parameter 2: ffffe60cc074a4b8 Parameter 3: 9 Parameter 4:...
  7. Connecting to internet crashes computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to internet crashes computer: my laptop crashes every time I connect to the internet. More specifically, it crashes whenever DCOM tries to run. So its fine until an application that uses internet tries to open and use the internet, like a browser. The stop code is usually WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and it...
  8. Connecting to WIFI is crashing my computer.

Connecting to WIFI is crashing my computer.: Since getting NBN and a new network provider my PC crashes with BSoD everytime I try and connect to my home WiFi. Ive tried uninstalling the wifi connector device in my Pc And thag made no difference. Please help �� TIA, Francesca...
  9. connected network computer not displayed in file manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connected network computer not displayed in file manager: windows 10 home file manager cannot see connected computer running windows 10 pro - although sync program between works just fine! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-network-computer-not-displayed-in-file/1c7dd58c-4e89-410f-a404-0960e903e575
  10. Computer crashing after connecting to the wifi

Computer crashing after connecting to the wifi: Hi, I cant seem to find anyone who has asked this problem so thought id ask for help myself. For a few months now, my computer has been crashing, or more rightly freezing, amd wont respond for 5-10 minutes. Then when it comes back, all the clicks and presses i hit whilst...