Windows 10: Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start

Discus and support Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have had a very tricky problem with my Windows 10 system since Thursday. After a reboot my WiFi adaptor would not connect. I traced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderDavis2, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start

Hello, I have had a very tricky problem with my Windows 10 system since Thursday.

After a reboot my WiFi adaptor would not connect. I traced the problem to service the WLAN autoconfig service depends on, Windows Connection Manager wcmsvc, which is not starting correctly. When I view it in the services window, it's simply hanging on start. I have tried restoring the service in the registry, checking that relevant files are not quarantined by antivirus and various other things, but haven't gotten anywhere.

My ethernet connection is unaffected. I will need to use the WiFi soon so help is appreciated!

My system is a Lenovo thinkpad laptop, running Windows version 10.0.10240.

Cheers,

Alex

:)

AlexanderDavis2, Apr 16, 2020

2. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Apr 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is unable to start automatically on boot?

Hi,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that YanisLukes
    did to resolve the same issue.

To update your network adapter, you can follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver: 

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall. 

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:
    How to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing Problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start

1. Windows Connection Manager service hanging on start - Similar Threads - Connection Manager service

2. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...: So I have a mess of problems, although I suspect they all stem from one thing. The issues I'm facing with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 are:Application installers hang foreverGoing to Disk Management hangs connecting to the Virtual Disk ServiceWhen I try to restart my computer, it just...
  3. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...: So I have a mess of problems, although I suspect they all stem from one thing. The issues I'm facing with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 are:Application installers hang foreverGoing to Disk Management hangs connecting to the Virtual Disk ServiceWhen I try to restart my computer, it just...
  4. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Management Hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management Hangs: Hi, so the problem is I was shrinking my drive to create another partition. Then I accidentally exit disk management, and when Iied to open it again it just says "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service". So then I tried to cancel the shrinking process of the drive in "Defragment...
  6. Can't start the Sandbox / Container Manager Services

Can't start the Sandbox / Container Manager Services: Hello, I can't launch the Windows sandbox. I get an error 0x800706d9 "There is no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper". I understand that to work the sandbox needs the "Container Manager Services" service to run. However, it refuses to start. When I try to...
  7. Configuring Bluetooth Services hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring Bluetooth Services hangs: After a Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth speaker connects but the sound has a severe echo making the speaker unusable. When I remove the device in Setup\Bluetooth and Other Devices and try to reinstall and connect the speaker appears to connect properly and a window comes up...
  8. Hangs on start up

Hangs on start up: Windows 10 freezes or hangs on the motherboard screen where you can choose boot options etc... and does not respond to keystrokes. I have to manually restart to progress to the spinning circles and then the computer boots normally. Its been going on for months and is only a...
  9. Windows Connection Manager service terminates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Connection Manager service terminates: I work in an enterprise environment and I have three Dell Precision 5530 Windows 10 Enterprise laptops that all have the same problem. When I connect the laptop to the domain, the Ethernet adapter will disable itself after about 1 minute. If I remove the laptop from the...
  10. Windows Start Menu Hangs....

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu Hangs....: Ok, so when I update to the Fall Creators update as long as I leave the Fast Startup option on I’m fine. However, if I turn it off or restart the computer even with fast startup on the login screen hangs up and then unless I do a series of right and left clicks on the start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wcmsvc “starting”

2. windows 10 services hanging on startup