Windows 10: Windows consistently crashing

Discus and support Windows consistently crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi - I am using Win10 and keep getting consistent crashes. The details of the last error in the event viewer prior to the crash are shown below:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrinceJam, Jul 30, 2020.

1. PrinceJam Win User

Windows consistently crashing

Hi - I am using Win10 and keep getting consistent crashes. The details of the last error in the event viewer prior to the crash are shown below:

Log Name: System

Source: Application Popup

Date: 7/30/2020 5:27:41 PM

Event ID: 56

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Desktop-50

Description:

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ACPI

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Popup" Guid="{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f}" EventSourceName="Application Popup" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49156">56</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-31T00:27:41.582050000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3680</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="204" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Desktop-50</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>ACPI</Data>

<Data>5</Data>

<Binary>000000000300280000000000380004C000000000380004C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

This is consistent everytime there is a crash. Can someone please tell me how to determine what the root problem is? Thanks so much!

:)

PrinceJam, Jul 30, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 30, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 30, 2020
  4. StuC33 Win User

Windows 10 Crashes consistently.

After upgrading my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 back in July, windows 10 has crashed consistently every 3 to 6 days. Back at the start of october i did a clean install of windows 10 hoping that it would solve the problem it didnt. Even after the
    inital clean install it ccrashed after 10 days then went back to crashing every 3 to 6. I upgraded to the november upgraded and you guessed it, the crashing is back, this is getting very annoying and frustrating because i simply do not know what is causing
    my laptop to crash so consistently. Windows 10 would simply crash then restart 4 minutes later and would be fine, everything works and then 3 to 6 days later it would crash restart etc etc. I should point out, when i was on 8.1 i got zero crashes. Can someone
    explain if they know whats happening or has happened and any suggestions to eradicate the problem / problems ?

StuC33, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows consistently crashing - Similar Threads - consistently crashing

2. My laptop is consistently crashing or BSOD'ing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is consistently crashing or BSOD'ing.: As the title states, I'm having some trouble with my laptop crashing or BSOD'ing. This has been happening for a few months now, and the smaller solutions I have tried have not been working. My laptop is an Acer Nitro Laptop model number AN515-44 with Windows 10 OS, 16 GB RAM,...
  3. My laptop is consistently crashing or BSOD'ing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is consistently crashing or BSOD'ing.: As the title states, I'm having some trouble with my laptop crashing or BSOD'ing. This has been happening for a few months now, and the smaller solutions I have tried have not been working. My laptop is an Acer Nitro Laptop model number AN515-44 with Windows 10 OS, 16 GB RAM,...
  4. My laptop is consistently crashing or BSOD'ing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  6. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  7. I getting consistent crashes during gameplay for some games

I getting consistent crashes during gameplay for some games: I am getting consistent blue screens on certain games and the error codes I am getting on the blue screens keep changing the last one was DCP Watchdog violation but I've also had Page Fault in the non page area and Unexpected Kernnel Mode Trap. This seems to be happening...
  8. I getting consistent crashes during gameplay for some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I getting consistent crashes during gameplay for some games: I am getting consistent blue screens on certain games and the error codes I am getting on the blue screens keep changing the last one was DCP Watchdog violation but I've also had Page Fault in the non page area and Unexpected Kernnel Mode Trap. This seems to be happening...
  9. I getting consistent crashes during gameplay for some games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My games are crashing consistently and I've got no idea why

My games are crashing consistently and I've got no idea why: I have a powerful computer, 3060ti and intel i7 processor. When I purchased the computer it could run very intensive games like Doom Eternal and Total War: Warhammer steadily at high FPS with no issue. Recently I have been having problems with it and my games. I will launch a...