Windows 10: windows console (cmd.exe or powershell) gets sent sigint on focus?

Discus and support windows console (cmd.exe or powershell) gets sent sigint on focus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just realized that my cmd/powershell windows get sent a sigint when they regain focus (via clicking). On powershell, this clearly displays itself as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anntzer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. anntzer Win User

windows console (cmd.exe or powershell) gets sent sigint on focus?

I just realized that my cmd/powershell windows get sent a sigint when they regain focus (via clicking). On powershell, this clearly displays itself as a red '^C'; on cmd, one can check this by starting e.g. Python; upon focus Python displays a KeyboardInterrupt (which is emitted by Python's sigint handler). This happens whether using Windows' own terminals or a third-party terminal such as ConEmu.

Is it possible to switch off this behavior?

:)

anntzer, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Jazz Win User

List HotKeys for Console (CMD/Powershell) in Windows 10

More...

3. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Aug 27, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. windows console (cmd.exe or powershell) gets sent sigint on focus? - Similar Threads - console cmd exe

2. Windows Terminal, Powershell, and CMD crashing when invoking a Console request from .NET on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Terminal, Powershell, and CMD crashing when invoking a Console request from .NET on...: After a recent update our primary product Eco started experiencing issues due to the command terminals available on Windows 11 crashing after invoking a request using the .NET 7 Console object. I could not locate any logs in Windows Event Viewer except this one for the new...
  3. Windows Terminal, Powershell, and CMD crashing when invoking a Console request from .NET on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Terminal, Powershell, and CMD crashing when invoking a Console request from .NET on...: After a recent update our primary product Eco started experiencing issues due to the command terminals available on Windows 11 crashing after invoking a request using the .NET 7 Console object. I could not locate any logs in Windows Event Viewer except this one for the new...
  4. console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...: Issue started somewhere in november/october 2021 I was using windows 10 back thenNow I've upgraded to windows 11 but issue didn't resolveHere's an example with WebStorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WEdi09CrsAt first I thought it's an issue with WebStorm but then I tried...
  5. console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    console terminal/cmd/powershell is very laggy when a lot of instances of console is opened...: Issue started somewhere in november/october 2021 I was using windows 10 back thenNow I've upgraded to windows 11 but issue didn't resolveHere's an example with WebStorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WEdi09CrsAt first I thought it's an issue with WebStorm but then I tried...
  6. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  7. CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened.: Hello everyone, I hope you could help me with an issue. By default the CMD window will get focus once opened and i would be able to execute commands. But lately the CMD window is not getting focus after it was opened therefore requires additional click on it to be able...
  8. PowerShell ISE Focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell ISE Focus: When running portions of a script in PowerShell ISE, it would be nice if the focus didn't switch to the immediate window below. Now I have to use some form of Ctrl+Tab (or my mouse) to get back to the script pane to test the next line of my script as I'm building my script...
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. List HotKeys for Console (CMD/Powershell) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List HotKeys for Console (CMD/Powershell) in Windows 10: Much has been written and much will be written about the Windows 10 announcement. I'm pretty stoked, and am playing with the Windows 10 Technical Preview now. I can see that there's lots of new enhancements to the shell, the Start Menu/ Screen, how Universal apps work, and...