Windows 10: Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

Discus and support Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why are there so many of these running? What can I do to make them stop other than ending the process? When I try to do that it tells me it will cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

Why are there so many of these running? What can I do to make them stop other than ending the process? When I try to do that it tells me it will cause Windows to be unstable or shut down.

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Nov 1, 2019

2. Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

Hello Bane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Svchost.exe is a process on your computer that hosts, or contains, other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. For example, Windows Defender uses a service that is hosted by a svchost.exe process.

There can be multiple instances of svchost.exe running on your computer, with each instance containing different services. One instance of svchost.exe might host a single service for a program, and another instance might host several services related to
    Windows. You can use Task Manager to view which services are running under each instance of svchost.exe.

Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, then right-click an instance of
    svchost.exe in Details tab, and then click
    Go to Service(s). The services associated with the process are highlighted on the
    Services tab.

Also suggest you to go for a complete system scan with Windows Defender or with any available Antivirus Software to make sure no virus is causing this issue. The

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Do scan your PC by downloading Microsoft Safety
    Scanner.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Many Instances of File Picker UI Host

Hello Jennifer,

I was going to do all the things you suggested, but yesterday's Cumulative update might have fixed the problem, as there are no instances of File Picker UI Host showing up in Task manager. I will update this thread if it recurs.

thank you.

SubZero2007, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

i did that but it said that this app can't run on my computer ! there isn't any other way to solve this problem ? am pretty desperate here ! by the way thanks for the answer anyways.

Bane.Hall0w, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

1. Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Console Host Instances

2. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?: If I'm running multiple instances of the same program, is there a way to identify which instance listed in Task Manager coincides with which tab I have the program running?See screenshot below.I'm running 3 instances of Autodesk Inventor. If one becomes unresponsive and I...
  3. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?: If I'm running multiple instances of the same program, is there a way to identify which instance listed in Task Manager coincides with which tab I have the program running?See screenshot below.I'm running 3 instances of Autodesk Inventor. If one becomes unresponsive and I...
  4. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Two suspicous app in Task Manager, called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two suspicous app in Task Manager, called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor: In my task manager, there is two appsthey use the same amount of resources ,called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor. These both draw relatively high CPU and alot of RAM. According to some soureces these processes are normal, but not with this high CPU and...
  6. Two suspicous app in Task Manager, called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two suspicous app in Task Manager, called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor: In my task manager, there is two appsthey use the same amount of resources ,called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor. These both draw relatively high CPU and alot of RAM. According to some soureces these processes are normal, but not with this high CPU and...
  7. Two suspicous app in Task Manager, called Console Windows Host, and Windows Command Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Task Host Manager problem

Task Host Manager problem: I have a Microsoft Surface Prop running Windows 10. After a recent update, my task bar won't display properly, I cannot access the internet, and the computer won't close - I keep getting the message "Device Install Reboot Required. I have tried to access other on-line...
  9. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  10. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...