Windows 10: Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

Discus and support Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Its random but happens at least once a week. Then i restart it and while its shutting down it gets a blue screen and then boots into system repair.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Niksonrex, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Niksonrex Win User

Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

Its random but happens at least once a week.
    Then i restart it and while its shutting down it gets a blue screen and then boots into system repair.

Granted my drive is old, and probably near its end, but i have almost no problems with it anymore. What makes it repair these errors i dont know, and what are these errors i dont know either.

Though i do know i was getting tons of errors a couple of months ago in most games because of the drive. The funny thing is this started happening after i preformed a disc check and repair. I did it just because i wanted to see if i had errors but it made me errors. Im speculating, im not sure about this.

It's annoying because it will "repair'' these errors anyway. So if i want to restart the pc for some program to work or some change to apply i gotta wait 10-30 minutes. It already did this like 3 times.

I can live with it but there is a reason for this and you guys might be able to help, considering the drive isnt dying. Ill get a new one soon but im just curious. Cause i had no issues at all on win 7.

:)

Niksonrex, Sep 12, 2018
  2. little cat, Sep 12, 2018
  3. restart to repair drive errors win 10

Hi,

The "Restart to repair drive errors" indicates that there's an issue with your hard drive. We suggest that you check this
    article and follow the steps under the
    Restore from a system restore point section. System restore point takes you back to an earlier point in time. This won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove drivers, updates, and apps installed after the restore point was made.

Get back to us with the result for further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Restart to repair drive errors

Hi,

The "Restart to repair drive errors" implies that there's an issue with your hard drive. To repair the error, we suggest performing Check Disk. You may check
    Smittychat.'s post in this
    thread to do that.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors" - Similar Threads - constantly tells restart

2. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  3. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  4. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restart To Repair Drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart To Repair Drive errors: So i started getting this message abt 3-4 days back. It is detecting some problem with my C: Drive and it tells me to restart I have currently tried every fix possible DISM, CHKDSK, SFC /SCANNOW, RESTARTING, RUNNING VIRUS CHECK but none of them seem to work. How do i fix...
  6. Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot

Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot: I have had this problem for a least a week now where my computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors even though I have tried doing that multiple times which fixed absolutely nothing. I have also ran a memory diagnostic as well as many disk checks and CHKDSK in cmd as...
  7. Restart to Repair Drive Errors

Restart to Repair Drive Errors: I have a 7 year old win10 Dell 660 computer with initially a 2TB HD that was split into C and D. When I started up the computer it has been delayed and noted errors were found on D drive and asked if I wanted to fix it. When I say yes it would attempt to fix it and then...
  8. Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]: Hi, I recently install NVMe M.2 SSD with PCIe x1 adapter when the problem occur. It ask me to restart and so here is what I have done in order: 1. Restart the message still appear 2. Properties > Tools > Check No errors 3. CMD as below: [ATTACH] I am about to proceed...
  9. Windows 10 is constantly telling me to restart the PC to fix errors on the drive, even...

Windows 10 is constantly telling me to restart the PC to fix errors on the drive, even...: The heck!? This hadn't happened a month ago..... except one time maybe earlier this month. And every time I do, I either get stuck on a booting up loop, forcing me to reset Windows 10, or, at times, some programs fail to start. This is the third time out of two days it's been...
  10. "Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive?

"Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive?: I recently received this notification. I would like to know which drive it was that had errors on it. I have 5 different Hard Drives connected to my PC. Is there any way to view more details on this error?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc says restart pc to fix drive errors

2. restart to repair drive errors meaning

3. what does restart to fix drive errors mean?

4. i constantly get drive errors,
  5. on my windows 10 notifications says restart to repair drive errors,
  6. windows security keeps saying to restart for drive errors,
  7. does restart because of drive errors mean my computor is about to die