Windows 10: Windows consuming data even it's upto date

Discus and support Windows consuming data even it's upto date in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows 10 and even after updating it ,it's consuming alot of data. I tried most of the things available in YouTube or Google.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anonym_008, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Windows consuming data even it's upto date

I recently updated my windows 10 and even after updating it ,it's consuming alot of data. I tried most of the things available in YouTube or Google. But couldn't resolve it.Someone please help.

:)

Anonym_008, Feb 11, 2022
  2. waavman Win User

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in update upto 3 hours then rollsback update

@zbook,

I am slightly confused by the results.
    As suggested by you, I performed clean boot in Windows 10
    In msconfig, chose Selective startup and unchecked "Load Startup items". Then under Services tab after hiding all Microsoft services, I disabled all services. Then in startup tab I disabled all startup tasks and restarted my Laptop. Once it booted I went to settings ->Windows update and clicked on "Check for updates" and then it gave a couple of updates like "2021-01 Windows update for Windows 10 v 1909" , "Update for removal of Adobe flash player.." and asked it to run the updates.
    So it ran the updates and restarted again. And I see in the update history as shown in below screen shot that those 2 updates are applied with todays timestamp 5/22/21

Windows consuming data even it's upto date [​IMG]

However on the Windows update screen it still shows "You are NOT up to date. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" as shown in below screenshot.
    If I click on "Check for Updates" nothing comes up now and it keeps saying "You are NOT uptodate your device is missing important security and quality fixes" I tried restarting a few more times and it says the same thing.

Also if I click the Start->Power icon, there are only 2 Options as shown in below screenshot. "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart".

So can you please advise what this signifies and how do I proceed from here and what are the next steps because I am confused if it already applied all the updates or it is not able to apply the updates .
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

waavman, Feb 11, 2022
  3. My Windows 10 O.S consumes much data

Hello,

If you're using Windows 10 build 1709, there's an available option to check the data usage. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left panel, click Data usage > Hit View usage details.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Windows consuming data even it's upto date

Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows consuming data even it's upto date

1. Windows consuming data even it's upto date - Similar Threads - consuming data upto

2. Windows consuming data even it's upto date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows consuming data even it's upto date: I recently updated my windows 10 and even after updating it ,it's consuming alot of data. I tried most of the things available in YouTube or Google. But couldn't resolve it.Someone please help....
  3. Windows consuming data even it's upto date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows consuming data even it's upto date: I recently updated my windows 10 and even after updating it ,it's consuming alot of data. I tried most of the things available in YouTube or Google. But couldn't resolve it.Someone please help....
  4. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  5. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  6. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. High Data Consume

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Data Consume: Window High Data Consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consume/a5b557a9-495e-4be7-a7fa-0106a1d841dc
  8. Windows freezes Even after Clean Install. All drivers, etc were upto date...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freezes Even after Clean Install. All drivers, etc were upto date...: My System:- Ryzen 2400G, ASUS Prime A320MK, Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB RAM, 140GB SSD, 1 Tb WD Blue, Internet via LAN cable. I've been having this annoying problem after recent update. My drivers were all updated. MY biggest blunder was not setting System Restore before I...
  9. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  10. Windows update consuming data

Windows update consuming data: made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?...