Windows 10: Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search

Discus and support Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, good evening, I have a problem with Windows Contacts app. Windows cannot display its name. My Windows is Hungarian, the name of the app is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Hbarna07, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Hbarna07 Win User

Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search

Hello, good evening,

I have a problem with Windows Contacts app. Windows cannot display its name. My Windows is Hungarian, the name of the app is "Kapcsolatok" but it shows "ms-resource:AppListName". What can I do?

Thanks for your answer.

Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search b69dd3bc-3136-4e93-b231-6cf874f49fec?upload=true.png

:)

Hbarna07, Mar 9, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 9, 2021
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Mar 9, 2021
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search - Similar Threads - Contacts app name

2. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  3. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  4. Start menu type to search results window appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu type to search results window appearance: I'm working on a new PC configuration for a touchscreen HMI with no external keyboard with Windows 10 LTSC. This is an hardware upgrade from a previous configuration of Windows 10 LTSB. My problem is when I hit the start button and begin typing example bringing up task...
  5. Start menu type to search results window appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu type to search results window appearance: I'm working on a new PC configuration for a touchscreen HMI with no external keyboard with Windows 10 LTSC. This is an hardware upgrade from a previous configuration of Windows 10 LTSB. My problem is when I hit the start button and begin typing example bringing up task...
  6. Start menu type to search results window appearance

7. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  8. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  9. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  10. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu: Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several...