Windows 10: Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

Discus and support Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All Having an issue with Windows continually sleeping, going to lock screen and then having to continually log back in. All preferences for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CAPNSOGG, Feb 22, 2021.

1. CAPNSOGG Win User

Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

Hi All

Having an issue with Windows continually sleeping, going to lock screen and then having to continually log back in.

All preferences for "sleep" and "screen" have been set to "NEVER".

This is becoming very frustrating when talking to a PowerPoint presentation and the "BUBBLES" pop up !!!!!

We have just completed all latest updates and this was not an issue previous to completing the updates.

:)

CAPNSOGG, Feb 22, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 22, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

Sleep mode

Hi John,

Since this is a new computer, settings may be on the default configuration. One of the option to configure the authentication requirement when the device wakes from sleep is through
    Settings under Accounts. To be guided on this, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• On the Search box, type
      Sign-in options and press Enter.

• Under Required sign-in, click the drop down arrow and choose your
      preferred setup.

• Once done, close the Settings window and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Zedrick Del, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

1. Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER" - Similar Threads - continually sleeping preferences

2. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  3. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  4. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  6. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  7. Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...: Same as the title. I've set my Drive to never sleep in order to try and fix a CD Drive that randomly spins up on my laptop and now I am wandering if the drive is set to never go to sleep, does is stay up even when the computer is in Sleep Mode?...
  8. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.: windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep after 10 to 15 minutes of no mouse movement or typing. impossible to watch a movie or listen to streaming music which we do...
  9. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  10. Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never": I've drilled down into every last menu and tree branch I can find in the power settings, and set my laptop to not go to sleep if I walk away for five minutes while it's plugged in to AC power. It still does. I don't want it to sleep, hibernate, or shut off, EVER, unless I...