Windows 10: Windows continually updating issue returns...

Discus and support Windows continually updating issue returns... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had this issue before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenjaminMcLennan1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Windows continually updating issue returns...

BenjaminMcLennan1, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 10, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows continually updating issue returns...

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows continually updating issue returns...

1. Windows continually updating issue returns... - Similar Threads - continually updating issue

2. Continued Audio Issues after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued Audio Issues after Updates: Our sales team continues to have audio issues with Windows 10. We ask them to run updates once a week and I'm beginning to think the audio issues we're having are related to the updates based on what I'm reading since multiple users are experiencing myriad of sound issues....
  3. Continued Audio Issues after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continued Audio Issues after Updates: Our sales team continues to have audio issues with Windows 10. We ask them to run updates once a week and I'm beginning to think the audio issues we're having are related to the updates based on what I'm reading since multiple users are experiencing myriad of sound issues....
  4. Continued Audio Issues after Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Continuous Issue Occuring After Installing Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous Issue Occuring After Installing Updates.: Over the past 3 or so months I've been running into a persistant issue that is starting to become a bit of nuisance. About 3 months ago a Windows update was installed onto my computer which resulted in me being unable to use my mouse or keyboard at my login screen and such I...
  6. WiFi is continuously dropping and returning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi is continuously dropping and returning: Hi I've been having a problem for a while now where the wifi on my desktop pc has been dropping out and then coming back near continously. Times vary but itll typically drop for a minute or so when i have no internet at all come back speed nominally 30Mb/s according to...
  7. Issue with Windows 10 Update return 0x80240fff

Issue with Windows 10 Update return 0x80240fff: Hi, I have already formatted my computer for more than 3 times and I still have issues with my windows update. I used windows 10 update assistant to update. And it told me that Windows version is version 1511. I pressed update now and "Something went wrong" popped up with...
  8. Windows 10 update stop error and continuing issues

Windows 10 update stop error and continuing issues: Hi there, for a few weeks now I've had a Windows 10 issue where it tried to do an automatic update and on restart I got the blue screen stop error 0xc000021a. I tried restore point, fix startup etc and nothing worked. Eventually I found info on the net an using dism...
  9. And the issues continue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    And the issues continue...: Okay, So I have managed to upgrade to Win 10 a total of 6 times now, each time I have had to revert back to 7 due to the same set of issues *Mad. Even though I am the 'Owner' of the C:/ drive, I cannot write to it, unless the program I am using (notepad for example) is...
  10. The return of sound issues...

in Windows 10 Support
    The return of sound issues...: Hi As I've discussed before, when I updated to Windows 8.1 I had sound issues that I couldn't fix. Well today I decided to add Windows 8.1 Media Center to Widows 10. There's a place to do it in Control Panel. Well, the Windows 8.1 sound issues returned, just the way...