Windows 10: Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

Discus and support Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi What can I do to prevent that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Molle_2015, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

Hi What can I do to prevent that?

:)

Molle_2015, Jul 10, 2022

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 10, 2022
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Jul 10, 2022
  4. QuentinW Win User

Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

How can I change the default browser that Continue on PC opens?

I too have noticed this.

Default Web Browser on my Android Phone: Chrome

Default Web Browser on my Windows 10 Desktop: Chrome

Using the Share feature, and selecting "Continue on my PC" option still loads it in Edge.

Can this be updated so that Windows honors the default web browser to launch this request in the selected default browser (Chrome/Firefox/etc)?

I do use this feature, although upon getting home and sitting down at my Desktop computer, I simply copy the URL from Edge and open it in Chrome, because I do not like Edge. I do not prefer to use Edge as I have many add-ons/extensions that I use with Chrome
    and Firefox, and Edge does not meet my needs.

QuentinW, Jul 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

1. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser? - Similar Threads - continue load another

2. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  3. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  4. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?: Hi What can I do to prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-continue-to-load-another-browser-than-my/4c59029a-21a9-46d7-91e9-a8050714f6c9
  6. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?: Hi What can I do to prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-continue-to-load-another-browser-than-my/4c59029a-21a9-46d7-91e9-a8050714f6c9
  7. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  8. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  9. Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

Continually Asked to Make Browser Default: Every time I start up Windows tells me Firefox is not my default browser and I have to tell it to make it my default. This also happens if I close the browser and then reopen it again. I also notice that if I click a link in an email that instead of opening a new tab in the...
  10. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...