Windows 10: Windows Continued Disk Error

Discus and support Windows Continued Disk Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently experiencing issues with my laptop freezing due to disk errors. Startup repair was unable to solve this issue and it freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HughGalloway, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows Continued Disk Error

Hello, I am currently experiencing issues with my laptop freezing due to disk errors. Startup repair was unable to solve this issue and it freezes within a minute after startup which makes it difficult to troubleshoot. For context, two weeks ago I had a similar issue, and updating the disk drivers was able to remedy the problem. I cannot use this fix this time since my computer freezes before I can even navigate to the required settings.

I feel that it is important to mention that earlier this summer I had to reinstall windows because the Taskbar, Settings, PowerShell, and many other windows features had stopped working on my laptop. My laptop is three years old and I am concerned that it is at the end of its lifespan.

If there is anything I can do to squeeze more out of this laptop I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

:)

HughGalloway, Aug 12, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

The chkdsk /f /r report displayed that there were corrections made in the volume bitmap.

Run these commands and post images and then continue with the prior steps:
    There was a command for disk 1 but the command for disk 0 seems to have been skipped (steps 24 and 25) for the partition information. These are some additional commands.

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select disk 0
    4) list volume
    5) list partition
    6) select partition 1
    7) detail partition
    8) select partition 2
    9) detail partition
    10) select partition 3
    11) detail partition
    12) select partition 4
    13) detail partition
    14) if there are any other partitions on disk 0 continue in the same fashion
    15) exit
    16) continue with prior steps

zbook, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Derek12 Win User
    USB flash disk error.

Hi
    I have noticed that when I connect a USB disk brand ADL four repeated errors appear in Even Viewer of Windows 7. The error is
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR5.
    But the disk is fine, it have passed the ScanDisk, I have formatted it and the error appears, however it works correctly when I transfer files to and from the disk
    Many thanks

Derek12, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Windows Continued Disk Error

Disk Read Errors

OK, earlier, I got a BSOD. Now I'm getting disk read errors. The error on the BSOD was 0x00000F4, and now, when I load up the system, it posts, does everything, then, just beofre it would start loading Windows, it comes up with:

Disk read error
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Any ideas? I kinda need to get it working ASAP...

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Clarke, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Continued Disk Error

1. Windows Continued Disk Error - Similar Threads - Continued Disk Error

2. Continuous Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous Error Message: I signed up for Microsoft Family today and I as the admin is able to access the software. 1 of the accounts I shared with is able to access as well. The other 3 accounts are experiencing many problems. Firstly the 2 school accounts have been continuously telling me that there...
  3. Continuous Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous Error Message: I signed up for Microsoft Family today and I as the admin is able to access the software. 1 of the accounts I shared with is able to access as well. The other 3 accounts are experiencing many problems. Firstly the 2 school accounts have been continuously telling me that there...
  4. BSOD error continuous

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error continuous: my PC keeps getting BSOD error though I changed my motherboard long back I am unable to identify the issue pls help immediately I have examsPreview attachment IMG_20191213_130836.jpgPreview attachment IMG_20191216_125206.jpgPreview attachment...
  5. Windows 10 Installation error continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation error continuously: I'm new here so my problem is that I downloaded and created the Windows 10 Bootable iso from Media creation tool and I started on installing windows 10 first I tried to install on my pc;Specs i3 Processor , 4GB ram 500 GB hardiskI always get the 0x8007025D error but when I...
  6. Realtek error Continuously

Realtek error Continuously: Hey. Sorry maybe this is the funny issue. *and I'm sorry if I have a very bad English grammar. I bought new computer which is installed the Windows 10. This is the first time I'm using this version. I never known that Windows 10 has several issues, some of them have been...
  7. Continuous errors with windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continuous errors with windows: Hi there, For a while now I've been struggling with various different windows errors that have reoccurred , I'm really not sure what went wrong but it's been shutting off my laptop and stopping my keyboard from working a lot. These are the ones I can see in event viewer...
  8. Continuing Activation Errors

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Continuing Activation Errors: Every day or so I will get an activation error with the "activation" message in the lower right. Sometimes in the activation screen it will show "0xc004f012," though not always. Every time, I will run the troubleshooter, and it will "reactivate," with everything working as it...
  9. Windows update errors appearing continuously

Windows update errors appearing continuously: Hey, i got this pc like a couple months ago, and windows updates errors have been continuously appearing, after i fix an error another one pops up. Im not sure what to do. ive tried everything and nothing seems to work. Ive tried using my troubleshoot and an error appears...
  10. Continuous BSOD Error

Continuous BSOD Error: I built a custom PC and I'm getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR constantly. A SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION occurred twice as well. No amount of Google or troubleshooting has helped, but I did stumble upon this site. Below is the link to the MSinfo, system info (from Speccy), and...