Windows 10: Windows controls not working

Discus and support Windows controls not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated to Win10 yesterday and applied ClassicShellSetup_4_2_3 quite quickly so I don't know whether what I am experiencing was already like that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniello, Aug 7, 2015.

1. daniello Win User

Windows controls not working

Updated to Win10 yesterday and applied ClassicShellSetup_4_2_3 quite quickly so I don't know whether what I am experiencing was already like that before I applied CS. But since the problem persists when I shut down Classic Shell I assume it hasn't much to do with it.

Here goes the list of my problems (probably all have the same single source):

- I cannot left click the speaker icon to get the volume control
    - I cannot open the notification center .. neither via left nor right mouse click (context menu)
    - I cannot unpin icons from the task bar (no right click menu)
    - Search icon does nothing when I left-click it
    - I cannot launch the regular windows start menu via the icon in the CS start menu
    - If I shut down CS and left klick on the windows start icon nothing happens
    - I cannot add a new user

So in fact I have not even gotten to see the windows tablet UI and I don't know how to get to see it :-(

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for a fix? Setting up from scratch is not an option.

Cheers,

:)

daniello, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Jobrynlee Win User

Parental controls not working

The parental controls are not working on any of my computers...both time of day, and time limits. This has been a problem since upgrading to Windows 10 over a year ago.

Jobrynlee, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Parental controls not working

Ciao,

please try the following:

1) Remove child accounts

2) Add them again under "Family"

3) Verify account in settings by entering password

4) Check that your parental contro becomes active again

Please let me know if this helps.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Try creating a new account, see if the problem persists.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. daniello Win User
    Good idea for narrowing it down but I can add one to my list now: I cannot add a new user. I see a short loading animation but then it returns without doing anything. I do have a second admin accout that I migrated from 8.1 but this account behaves pretty much like mine :-(

Edit: BTW everything that I brought over from Win8.1 works pretty much flawlessly. So I would describe the system as quite usable but with no new features ;-)

Edit2: I must correct myself. I turned on UAC and was then able to set-up another user via the well known control panel (didn't try this method with UAC off). It still doesn't work via the Windows 10 settings menu but at least I was able to do the test. I set up a fresh regular lokal user (non-admin) and it still shows the same behaviour.

daniello, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Uninstall Classic Shell then System Restore to before it was installed??? This will only work if you enabled System Restore though as it's disable by default I think (stupid MS decision).

I find the new Start Menu good enough that I don't need Classic Shell or Start10.

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
  7. daniello Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion. In the meantime I found the source of the issue - namely permission errors either in the registry or in folders. Have gotten the startmenu and everything else to work.

daniello, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

Well from lots of reading it's only disabled by default depending on the size of your partition or HD

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows controls not working - Similar Threads - controls working

2. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  3. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  4. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  5. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  6. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...

Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...: Recently I was playing a game on Game pass and I ran into a random blue screen, before I could see what the exact words were on the BSOD my computer automatically restarted.When I booted my PC again it would not detect my WIFI at all with only flight mode being available to...