Windows 10: Windows copy not asking Outlook password

Discus and support Windows copy not asking Outlook password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SouryaYallapragada, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

Hi.

I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account without creating another account on the system. Is this possible? Why is my OS mapped to the outlook account but not asking me my outlook password (It asks me to create a new local password)?

Thanks!

:)

SouryaYallapragada, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Dude Win User

Outlook always asks for a password...

Jeff, try this

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mempson/a...rd-prompt.aspx

3. qubit Win User
    How to set up password to start Outlook 2010?

You can password protect .pst files in Outlook. The way to do this is to create an encrypted .pst file. This is the point at which you can then add a password. You can add a password to unencrypted .pst, but the security is very low. You can even use an option called compressible encryption if you want to.

You can then drag emails and/or folders from the unencrypted .pst file to the encrypted one. Note that Outlook will do a move operation, not a copy.

And to anyone that wishes to challenge me on this, I work with Outlook every day in my job, so I know this very well!

qubit, Sep 10, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Windows copy not asking Outlook password

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows copy not asking Outlook password

1. Windows copy not asking Outlook password - Similar Threads - copy asking Outlook

2. Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing: I just went thru the lengthy stream related to Outlook not being able to log into g-mail vis Subject. After hours of effort I finally got the two to talk to each other but now Outlook will not synchronize any of the folders so I STILL cannot download any of my mail from...
  3. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  4. Outlook 2013 on Surface constantly asking for password

Outlook 2013 on Surface constantly asking for password: Outlook 2013 on my Surface is constantly asking for password entry then not connecting to server. Any ideas on a fix? Have already reset password...
  5. Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL: Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for the password. It has done this repeatedly in the last 2 weeks. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet to...
  6. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  7. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  8. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...
  9. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...
  10. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password: Office 2016 on Windows 10 build 1703. Outlook 2016 is repeatedly asking for my user name and password when running minimized. See screen shot. Things appear to work normally when running maximized. I used Outlook's Account Settings/Repair but that didn't help. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outloot pst not asking for password