Windows 10: Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark

Discus and support Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on Windows Core OS and Windows Lite version of its Windows operating system for dual-screen and 2-in-1 devices – aimed at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 26, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark

Microsoft is working on Windows Core OS and Windows Lite version of its Windows operating system for dual-screen and 2-in-1 devices – aimed at rivalling Google’s Chromebooks.

We recently spotted a benchmark of Windows Core OS on Geekbench with an unknown Intel processor. The benchmark is based on a Geekbench 5 test and it appears to have been tested on a virtual machine called “Microsoft Corporation Virtual Machine” running Windows Core OS.

This suggests that Microsoft is testing the operating system in virtual machines and the timing is certainly interesting as we’re less than seven days away from Microsoft’s Surface hardware event.

According to a new finding, Geekbench listing shows Windows Core OS running a mysterious Intel Lakefield processor.

The Geekbench listing points to Penta-core processor and GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 138. Twitter user InstLatX64 claims that the processor is actually based on Intel’s Lakefield, which has 4 MB of L3 cache and 4 Tremont + 1 Sunny Cove.

Intel’s Lakefield is an interesting processor and it has more than one type of CPU core to create a better rounded-performing system. It’s a hybrid processor with integrated memory and even I/O interface.

While this suggests that the Redmond firm is at the later stages of testing Windows Core OS, it’s entirely possible that the Benchmark has been spoofed, so take this news with a pinch of salt for now.

The post Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 not utilizing processor cores properly

Your most recent log file shows that Intel Turbo Boost is working correctly so something has changed. You either changed a setting in Windows or you changed a setting in the bios. During the TS Benchmark, ThrottleStop reports that the multiplier is spending
    a lot of time in the 19 to 20 range (2527 MHz - 2660 MHz). This is completely normal for a Core i7-720QM during a single threaded benchmark.

It is impossible for a Core i7-720QM to continuously use the 21 multiplier. While the benchmark is running, there are typically 500 to 1000 active threads running on a Windows 10 computer that need to be scheduled on a regular basis. The way this works
    is that each task, including the benchmark, only gets to use a specific core for a very small amount of time before it gets kicked off that core and has to get back in line and wait for the next available core. The benchmark you are running might end up back
    on the same core but if that core is busy, the benchmark will be scheduled on a completely different core. Windows background tasks will need to wake up additional cores on a regular basis and this will instantly lower your maximum multiplier.

Compare the percentage of time that your CPU is spending in the C0 state when idle to my CPU. Every time I install Windows or a new program, I make sure that my computer continues to run as efficiently as possible. When a computer is idle, cores should
    be spending as much time as possible in C6 or C7 and as little time as possible in C0. If you want the multiplier to go a little higher, you need to keep eliminating useless background processes. Look in the Task Manager to see what is keeping your cores
    active.

ThrottleStop uses high performance timers within the CPU and a monitoring method recommended by Intel. The multiplier data is second to none. The Task Manager graph(s) are OK but they are not as accurate and are not as quick to respond to rapid multiplier
    changes.

Now you need to fix your cooling system. If a core is hitting 97°C during a single thread of the TS Bench test, your CPU is running too hot. You need to disassemble your laptop and give the heatsink a thorough cleaning. If this does not lower your temperatures
    then you might need to remove the heatsink and replace the thermal paste between the CPU and the heatsink.

Edit - When your computer is lightly loaded, it is normal for the multiplier to drop down to the low single digits. As soon as your CPU has a task to perform like the TS Bench, the CPU goes into full turbo boost and the multiplier instantly increases. This
    is a mobile CPU. It is designed to deliver great performance while consuming as little power as possible.

KevinGlynn429, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark

1. Windows Core OS runs on Intel Lakefield CPU in alleged Benchmark - Similar Threads - Core runs Intel

2. Windows 11 güncellemesi Intel Core I5-7200 CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 güncellemesi Intel Core I5-7200 CPU: Selam, Birisi bana dizüstü bilgisayarımın neden PC sağlık uygulamasını kullanarak güncellenmediğini söyleyebilir mi? İşlemcim hakkında aldığım hata dışında her şey kontrol ediliyor. Ancak 2 çekirdeğe sahiptir ve 1 GHz'den büyüktür. Ağabeyimin 4 aylık daha eski, aynı model bir...
  3. Cannot upgrade to Windows 11 - Intel core Core i3-5005U CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 11 - Intel core Core i3-5005U CPU: Hello,When running the upgrade tool, it says my processor isn't supported. It's an Intel Core i3-5005U CPU - with "2 cores" and "2 Ghz" processor. I am wondering specifically why this processor isn't supported if it meets the requirements?...
  4. Cannot upgrade to Windows 11 - Intel core Core i3-5005U CPU

Cannot upgrade to Windows 11 - Intel core Core i3-5005U CPU: Hello,When running the upgrade tool, it says my processor isn't supported. It's an Intel Core i3-5005U CPU - with "2 cores" and "2 Ghz" processor. I am wondering specifically why this processor isn't supported if it meets the requirements?...
  5. Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz: Hi Microsoft, I have a Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHzI'm wanting to upgrade to Win 11, but according to the PC Health Check App I have everything except the processor as a green tick. On the page:...
  6. Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz: Hi Microsoft, I have a Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHzI'm wanting to upgrade to Win 11, but according to the PC Health Check App I have everything except the processor as a green tick. On the page:...
  7. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu I7 intel core 6500u: i ran the program to see if my lenovo is eligible to upgrade but the verification program says its not because of my above mentioned cpu. I checked the list of eligible cpu's and mine is listed as good. Please explain if you can to me what i am missing...
  8. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

Cpu I7 intel core 6500u: i ran the program to see if my lenovo is eligible to upgrade but the verification program says its not because of my above mentioned cpu. I checked the list of eligible cpu's and mine is listed as good. Please explain if you can to me what i am missing...
  9. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS allegedly spotted on Geekbench

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS allegedly spotted on Geekbench: Mentions of Windows Core OS, long rumoured operating system by Microsoft for dual-screen and foldable devices were recently spotted in the official documentation. And today the rumoured OS has allegedly appeared in a benchmark posted on Geekbench. Recent rumours surrounding...