Windows 10: Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox

Discus and support Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been working on a secretive Windows Core OS as the underpinnings of its future iterations of Windows 10. While Microsoft hasn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 28, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox

Microsoft has been working on a secretive Windows Core OS as the underpinnings of its future iterations of Windows 10. While Microsoft hasn’t officially announced the project, multiple references to Windows Core OS have appeared in official documents and LinkedIn job posts last year.

Windows 10X, which was announced in October 2019, is also based on the little spoken Windows Core OS. According to previous reports, Windows Core OS is Microsoft’s modular platform and it can be shrunk down to meet the needs of different form factors such as HoloLens.

Microsoft watchers have described Windows Core OS as the successor to Windows OneCore and it is a combination of UWP, PWAs, Win32 apps, and the C-Shell (composable).

Today, we have spotted a LinkedIn page from Microsoft and it contains multiple references to ‘Windows Core OS’ for Windows 10, Xbox and even Windows Mixed Reality.

As per a profile, the future iterations of Windows 10, HoloLens and Xbox would be based on Windows Core OS.

“On the team building Windows Core OS: the foundation for future iterations of Windows 10, Windows Mixed Reality (HoloLens), and Xbox system software. Currently working on Windows 10X, the operating system for dual-screen PCs like the Surface Neo – available holiday 2020,” the profile of Microsoft engineer reads.

What’s more interesting, however, is that Windows Core OS is also being prepared for the future iterations of Xbox. As we’ve previously reported, Windows Core OS could come to Microsoft’s gaming console as ‘GameCore OS’ and the next-gen Xbox Series X might ship with this new OS.

In addition, a Microsoft Careers listing for a senior software engineer states that Microsoft’s Mixed Reality team is working on innovative technologies with Windows Core OS.

All these reports suggest that Microsoft is slowly but surely making efforts to truly merge its Windows operating system into once. The software giant want all of its consumer products to be based on the same operating system, and a Microsoft job posting previously stated that (WCOS) will be “the OS shared across all new devices.”

The post Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 28, 2020
  2. hello10 Win User

The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

"Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..."

Source: The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

That's a logical step, but with all the hardware and software incorporated, I imagine there will more 1809s or ... you fill in the blank.

hello10, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

"Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..."

Source: The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

That's a logical step, but with all the hardware and software incorporated, I imagine there will more 1809s or ... you fill in the blank.

Brink, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox

1. Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox - Similar Threads - Core touted future

2. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  3. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  4. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future

in Windows 10 News
    These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future: Microsoft is planning to offer both Microsoft Paint and WordPad as an ‘Optional’ feature with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. In Build 18963 of Windows 10 20H1, which is the next major update for the operating system that will arrive in the first half of next year, both...
  6. Windows 10 "Core" OS

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 "Core" OS: Windows Core OS: The Complete Guide | Windows Central I got interested when the latest UUPDUMP ISO for Build 18898 list Windows Core OS as a possible OS choice but it turned out it was just Windows Home. Still the above article is very interesting. 132673
  7. The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

in Windows 10 News
    The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?: "Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..." Source: The Future of...
  8. Is Windows 10 32-bit going to be discontinued in Future OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 32-bit going to be discontinued in Future OS: In the Future Windows 10 will need to all be in 64-bit OS because it says that future games will require 64-bit OS and I would hope that in the future that they will discontinue the 32-bit OS after Windows Vista and XP support ended and I would hope that Windows 7/8.1 and 10...
  9. The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

in Windows 10 Support
    The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS: What do you think Windows 10 will be like in the future? Will there ever be another Windows? I get the feeling that Windows 10 will not end up being the last Windows we will ever see no matter how many times they update it. I also think Microsoft has got a lot more up its...
  10. Free OS's In The Future?

in Windows 10 News
    Free OS's In The Future?: Maybe a ray of hope for Windows 9? (personally I doubt it... but boy would it be cool...) Microsoft's vision of how PCs work in the post-PC era is based on Windows 8. In order for people to experience that vision, they have to have it on their devices. Currently, the...