Windows 10: Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off

Discus and support Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was resetting my laptop and the windows was taking a long time in installing so I shut the laptop down by holding the power button and restarted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Purvi Goyal, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off

I was resetting my laptop and the windows was taking a long time in installing so I shut the laptop down by holding the power button and restarted it thinking it'll stop the formatting and restore the laptop to how it was before the formatting. After that, whenever I switched the laptop on, I could see a blue screen with various options of how to go about it. I tried to reset it by choosing the options given on the screen but it showed that the laptop was unable to reset.

Now, the screen is flickering on and off so I can't try to reset it through safe mode. What can I do?

:)

Purvi Goyal, Aug 25, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off

"Screen Flicker Freakouts"

Hi Scottie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the screen flickers in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused if the Display drivers are corrupted or due to incompatible apps.

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off

1. Windows corrupted while formatting and now screen is flickering on and off - Similar Threads - corrupted while formatting

2. My screen is now flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is now flickering: My screen keeps blinking and I don’t know how to fix this issue without setting because I can’t fix settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-now-flickering/1fde5647-5c22-4b39-9281-0f16d5ef966c
  3. My screen is now flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is now flickering: My screen keeps blinking and I don’t know how to fix this issue without setting because I can’t fix settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-now-flickering/1fde5647-5c22-4b39-9281-0f16d5ef966c
  4. Laptop screen flickers on and off and now can't reset or update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen flickers on and off and now can't reset or update: I have a Chuwi Freebook Touchscreen laptop on Windows 10. I've had it for 9-10 months with a 3 year warranty. A few days ago, I shut down my computer and turned it back on. When I turned it back on, the screen would flicker to black and back to the screen every few seconds,...
  5. Laptop screen flickers on and off and now can't reset or update

Laptop screen flickers on and off and now can't reset or update: I have a Chuwi Freebook Touchscreen laptop on Windows 10. I've had it for 9-10 months with a 3 year warranty. A few days ago, I shut down my computer and turned it back on. When I turned it back on, the screen would flicker to black and back to the screen every few seconds,...
  6. Laptop screen flickers on and off and now can't reset or update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  8. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  9. While Working Screen flickered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While Working Screen flickered: While Working screen flickered, so I noted the time and saw the Event Viewer: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09-12-2020 02:42:59 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Screen flickering while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickering while gaming: Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can formatting solved my laptop flickering blinking?