Windows 10: WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

Discus and support WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING in Cortana to solve the problem; On a faithful day, I restarted my windows 10 pc and the Windows icon, Cortana Icon and search box stop working, no matter how many times i click them.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Favour Gold, Apr 15, 2019.

1. WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

On a faithful day, I restarted my windows 10 pc and the Windows icon, Cortana Icon and search box stop working, no matter how many times i click them.

Please does anyone knows the solution to my problems. I am in great need of the search and windows icon. Please

:)

Favour Gold, Apr 15, 2019

2. Search and Cortana suddenly not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description search and Cortana suddenly stops working. The issue could be if some system files get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to check the system files are they working fine or not and to check that try to run
    System File Checker (SFC) tool.

SFC scan will scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 8.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.

• Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

• In the command prompt, type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.
    For more clarification you may refer to the steps provided below.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Search bar and Cortana suddenly stopped working

Any idea why my Search Bar and Cortana stopped working on my windows 10? I really don't care about Cortana but the search bar is somewhat helpful.

wetookalittlebacon, Apr 15, 2019
  4. WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

Search and Cortana suddenly not working.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. Sorry for the delayed response.

Please try the below steps and check if they helps:

Method 1:

As no corrupted system files were found, then I suggest you to try the following steps:
    • Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator.
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

1. WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING - Similar Threads - CORTANA SEARCH ICONS

2. Cortana Search Icons not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Icons not Working: Hello, since I installed the new Google Drive App, my Cortana Search Icons are not showing anymore. Is there a way to fix this without deleting Google Drive....
  3. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working: So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops...
  4. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  5. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  6. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  7. Cortana / Windows search is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana / Windows search is not working: I can not even type anything in the search box. I have tried every imaginable fix. I am thinking the only way to fix this might be a factory restore. I am at my wit's end. Any help would be sincerely appreciated....
  8. Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working: Hi All, I've got a system here which is acting up and I'm looking for ideas of how to resolve. Specs are: Windows 10 Home (upgraded from W8.1) i7-3632 8GB RAM 64bit Inspiron 17R5720 laptop Here's the problem: Everything works fine upon boot, but then, something...
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working: Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change. Dan 60994

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons suddenly stopped working after update