Windows 10: Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy

Discus and support Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi group - I live in , Florida on the River. I've been frustrated with attempting to get decent download speed. Living in the forest, the only speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sopchoppy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. sopchoppy Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy

Hi group - I live in , Florida on the River. I've been frustrated with attempting to get decent download speed. Living in the forest, the only speed available is 6 mbps from CenturyLink and it is seldom that I am able to reach that speed consistently. Additionally, I am experiencing rapid drop off when I do a speed check.

I have tried every "fix" that I can find on the internet with no success. I have downloaded a program called "Total Internet" which automatically go through the majority of "fixes" for internet speed problems.

So the only good news is that I do not have to shovel snow! *Wink

I am running Windows 10 Home an HP x64 Version 1607 with 4 mb installed memory.

:)

sopchoppy, Jan 25, 2021
  2. stevie Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Alvin Cop Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Jan 25, 2021
  4. stevie Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

Windows 10 Version 1903
    I've only had this desktop a month. Suddenly I couldn't connect to the Internet. I powercycled the network box router & got my Ethernet connection back. Internet functioning SEEMS to be normal, but I still get "Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings” when I run the Network & Internet Settings troubleshooter. Then I tried the Network Adapter troubleshooter for Ethernet & it said "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". This is a home computer. My proxy settings are attached.

Is there a set of steps to resolve this problem? Thanks very much.

stevie, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy - Similar Threads - automatically detect networks

2. window could not automaticly detect my network proxy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window could not automaticly detect my network proxy: window could not automaticly detect my network proxy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-could-not-automaticly-detect-my-network/83b0b659-cb72-4377-9d94-9fe68992650b
  3. window could not automaticly detect my network proxy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window could not automaticly detect my network proxy: window could not automaticly detect my network proxy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-could-not-automaticly-detect-my-network/83b0b659-cb72-4377-9d94-9fe68992650b
  4. window could not automaticly detect my network proxy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window could not automaticly detect my network proxy: window could not automaticly detect my network proxy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-could-not-automaticly-detect-my-network/e5d9c68c-e412-441d-881f-cb47a9256333
  5. Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings: Windows 10 Version 1903 I've only had this desktop a month. Suddenly I couldn't connect to the Internet. I powercycled the network box router & got my Ethernet connection back. Internet functioning SEEMS to be normal, but I still get "Windows could not automatically detect...
  6. Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings

Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Edition on a computer that I built myself. I noticed I was having a bit of a problem with things loading on other apps that need a connection to the internet and decided to run the network troubleshooter. That was when I found the...
  7. "Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically"

"Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically": Hello. On the computer (Windows 10), connected through the LAN connection, launched "Troubleshoot problems" network. I received the following message: "Windows could not automatically detect the proxy settings of this network" and the yellow triangle. I do not use a proxy,...
  8. Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.

Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.: I have tried every single suggestion to resolve this problem without success, short of completely reinstalling Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution yet? I know I am not alone with this....
  9. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings: Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with this message. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. My internet has been very slow lately, but...
  10. windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings: Hi I can use all my browsers in W10 (Firefox is default..) However, about a fortnight ago I started having problems with some sites for example CPUID and when I visit some of these sites I get the message "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy...