Windows 10: Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

Discus and support Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello:I've been having these issues for a while and it bothers me a lot. I received an error message after I reset my laptop that windows could not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RJ Y, Oct 19, 2021.

1. RJ Y Win User

Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

Hello:I've been having these issues for a while and it bothers me a lot. I received an error message after I reset my laptop that windows could not be installed so I followed its the instruction to restart my laptop and try to redo it again, but it's just not working and it would be stuck in that circle or turn to be 'Your account has been disabled, please contact your administrator. Hence, I locked my laptop in the middle while it's loading through 'Administrator account' and I followed some of your methods here to try to fix the problem in which led me to be stuck on the 'Just a moment' page

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 19, 2021
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Oct 19, 2021
  4. SirYandi Win User

Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

Windows 7 install hangs at "completing installation"

Fix: Windows 7 install hangs at "completing installation"

I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply as it came up right at the top my google search for "install windows freezes on completing installation".

Hi all,

Follow each point carefully and hopefully you'll avoid the frustration I went through! I find singing to myself semi-manically helps during such times...

To begin

Minimize comp configuration:
    - Only 1 HDD; simply unplug all HDDs except the one you'll be installing to
    - Only one chip of RAM (2GB in my case); (primary ram slot is usually closest to the processor)
    - Only PS2 keyboard; (actually worked for me using USB keyboard)
    - Should be fine to leave your video card/wireless card in

So, the back of your computer should now only have a power cable, DVI/VGA/HDMI and PS2/USB keyboard plugged in. Also, possibly a USB stick if you're using a USB flash drive to install (guide to creating a bootable Windows install flash drive here: How to Install Windows 7 Via a USB Drive | The Mighty Geek)

Step 0, Optimize HDD as recommended at : (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91339-ssd-hdd-optimize-windows-reinstallation.html) I found this worked best by using CMD both to "cleanall" (not just "clean") and format NTFS

Step 1, Ensure BIOS boot order is set to boot from CD/DVD (or USB flash drive). With the Windows 7 DVD (or USB Flash drive) in your DVD drive , press any key when prompted 'Press any key to boot from CD / DVD...', as soon as the message is gone, quickly press F8 to show the boot options list. Select Safe Mode and install 7. It will allow the initial stages & file copying.

Step 2, When the Window 7 installation has completed all the stages, such as copying, expanding, installing features, and then installing updates, it is going to restart; REMOVE THE DVD/USB BEFORE THE RESTART! Once restarted, you can reconfigure BIOS to boot from your HDD (if you miss this then you will be you will be prompted to choose the boot device, choose HDD).

Step 3, When 7 restarts for the first time, spam F8 and select 'safe mode'. When you boot to SAFE MODE wait for a few minutes at the "SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS FOR THE FIRST TIME" screen, then you'll get the popup that states "WINDOWS CANNOT CONTINUE SETUP IN SAFE MODE, CLICK OK TO RESTART"
    NOTE: DO NOT restart, AND DO NOT click on the 'X' (close button) in the upper-right of the pop-up. You are going to do steps 4, 5 & 6 first before clicking to restart!!!!!

Step 4, Simply press SHIFT+F10 (possibility of not working with USB keyboards although worked for me) - that will bring up a COMMAND PROMPT after a few seconds.

Step 5 From there you can enter COMPMGMTLAUNCHER

Step 6: Go to your device manager and disable:
    - ALL your drivers that display the YELLOW TRIANGLE.
    - ALL "unknown" device(s) drivers in any category.
    (this can be time consuming using only a keyboard so use the "tab" key to cycle through menus, the "D" key to disable drivers and the "Y" key to confirm)

Also keep in mind that Video is always a huge culprit... just disable ALL unknown devices and ALL yellow triangles...

If you DO NOT know which is causing the problem AND you CANNOT see an obvious with a YELLOW TRIANGLE or EXCLAMATION POINT in Device Manager then try disabling any and changing any services from automatic to disabled for any that you don't recognize or that seem VENDOR (software or hardware) specific.

Step 7: Once you have disabled all of your drivers press alt+F4 to exit. You can now close command window by clicking ok on the dialog box. Windows will now use a standard (with less functionality) when it restarts. The final setup should now complete successfully.

Once the installation has finished (congratulations by the way) and you actually have a screen up & running you should be able to install your original drivers as well as re-enable these and devices A really useful site to identify/audit the components you'll need to download drivers for can be found at Products: Belarc Advisor

Note: If you successfully install Windows 7 using this guide, but but are left with a corrupted or missing driver(s), I would suggest enabling only the internet driver and re-downloading all your drivers from the manufacture site.

I didn't write this entirely myself; I compiled and edited information from a few sources after exhausting a silly amount of options and time trying to fix this issue. Credit goes to SheilaP from http://social.technet.microsoft.com...66-17c6-46e8-94e2-dd39b5b504c1?prof=required; and MKtorn from http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175273-windows-7-freezes-completing-installation.html

Hope this helped!

SirYandi

SirYandi, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message - Similar Threads - installed please restart

2. Install windows error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows error message: I did a full reset. Now I am getting and error that is saying,"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."I clicked ok...
  3. Install windows error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows error message: I did a full reset. Now I am getting and error that is saying,"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."I clicked ok...
  4. Install windows error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message: Hello:I've been having these issues for a while and it bothers me a lot. I received an error message after I reset my laptop that windows could not be installed so I followed its the instruction to restart my laptop and try to redo it again, but it's just not working and it...
  6. Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message: Hello:I've been having these issues for a while and it bothers me a lot. I received an error message after I reset my laptop that windows could not be installed so I followed its the instruction to restart my laptop and try to redo it again, but it's just not working and it...
  7. windows could not complete the installation to install windows on this computer restart...

windows could not complete the installation to install windows on this computer restart...: so I factory reset my laptop and I’m in a loop where it will act like it’s loading into windows I’ll see the logo it we’ll get to the login screen and then instantly starts logging in administrator and then it brings up the error message “windows could not complete the...
  8. "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart...

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart...: My grandfather passed and left me his laptop, today I was trying to do a full factory reset on it so that it would remove all of his information from the laptop and I could start using it. When it got to the point during the full factory reset on the computer where the...
  9. "This installation package could not be opened." error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This installation package could not be opened." error message: I am trying to install TI-Nspire CX Student Software, but everytime I go to run the installer, an error message pops up that reads, "This installation package could not be opened." I contacted Microsoft support because this has happened numerous times to other software, and I...
  10. Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]: Hello. i am new here and i was wondering if anyone could help me out on the dilemma that i am going through. recently, my PC was running really odd, I updated my windows, but then it didnt update it properly and my PC wouldnt even power up. But that got solved and my...