Windows 10: windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer

Discus and support windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi Team we are facing issue while updating windows updates in windows 10 and windows updates are failing and getting the message windows could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Srinivasa Atkuri, Mar 17, 2020.

1. windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer

hi Team

we are facing issue while updating windows updates in windows 10 and windows updates are failing and getting the message windows could not complete the updates undoing changes don't turnoff your computer.

1 i have downloaded updates manually and installed in work group system without any issue.

2 i have connected system into domain and tried to install windows updates .we are getting message after restart " windows could not complete the updates undoing changes don't turnoff your computer "

i am facing this issue after joining client machine into domain.

3 But windows 7 updates are updating without any issue even after joining system into domain

kindly help us for resolving this issue

:)

Srinivasa Atkuri, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 17, 2020
  3. jkr88 Win User
    Windows keep repeating the same "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off computer"

When I start-up, I get:

"Windows updating

Don't turn off computer"

After several minutes I get:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

Followed by:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

I then turn off the computer, wait 30 seconds and turn back on. Everthing seem OK for several days; then it repeats the above. Any suggestions?

jkr88, Mar 17, 2020
  4. windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer

my computer is not turnoff completely..

I installed windows 10 to my notebook..but computer is not turnoff completely..when I gives to turn off the computer..computer is going to sleep....please help me to solve this problem..is there any application to install to solve this problem...help
    me..

chanaka3006, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer

1. windows could not complete the updates undoing changes Dont turnoff your computer - Similar Threads - complete updates undoing

2. Undoing changes to your computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes to your computers: I left my pc overnight to do a windows 11 update and my pc ran out of battery and then when i turned it on it got stuck on a black screen saying ''Undoing changes made to your computer'' and its been like this the entire day and ive tried to get it into safe mode i tried...
  3. Undoing changes to your computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes to your computers: I left my pc overnight to do a windows 11 update and my pc ran out of battery and then when i turned it on it got stuck on a black screen saying ''Undoing changes made to your computer'' and its been like this the entire day and ive tried to get it into safe mode i tried...
  4. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  5. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  6. Undoing changes to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes to your computer: Undoing changes made to your computer tried all possible youtube videos, boot , nothing works. When press power button black screen with undoing changes appear and with f8 i tried to enter advance troubleshooting. And here i triesld all nothing works. And the prblm is caanot...
  7. Undoing changes to your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes to your computer: Its bieng doing this gor months leave it running and nothing i cant go into recovery i have managed to get in boot menu i few times but thats it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-to-your-computer/e304c4e4-cdaf-4ea7-9fed-b656911e44d0
  8. Windows could not complete features undoing changes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not complete features undoing changes.: I have been trying do turn on windows subsystem for linux but when i go to try and turn it on my pc prompts a reboot in which, during startup it displays Windows could not complete the features undoing changes and then just loads up as usual but the subsystem is still not on....
  9. Windows 10 "We couldnt complete the updates... Undoing changes... Dont turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "We couldnt complete the updates... Undoing changes... Dont turn off your computer": I've been having this problem for about a month now and my PC wont update every time i boot it up it updates then uninstall the updates and now its a even bigger problem cause i got a vr and i cant complete the setup unless my PC is updated but it wont update....
  10. error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.: what does this mean? how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-we-could-not-complete-the-updates/90ab5e92-6268-4f50-b79a-558a689309ee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest windows 10 update undoing changes