Windows 10: Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

Discus and support Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VoxyLady, Sep 29, 2022.

1. VoxyLady Win User

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech forums and artcles. I am getting the following error: Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the computer's system volume. Error code 0x80070057. I am now on the screen that says Windows Setup, and am asked where do I want to insall Windows. And it is now showing only 1 entry:

:)

VoxyLady, Sep 29, 2022
  2. VoxyLady Win User

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the computer's system volume. Error code 0x80070057

I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech forums and artcles. I am getting the following error:

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the computer's system volume. Error code 0x80070057.

I am now on the screen that says Windows Setup, and am asked where do I want to insall Windows. And it is now showing only 1 entry: (Name) Drive 0 Partition 1 (Total Size) 931.5 GB (Free Space) 931.5 GB (Type) Primary.

At the borrom of the screen it says: " Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition 1. (Show Details)" When I click Show Details it says Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The seleted disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. The only options below the box are Refresh, Load drier, delete, and Format.

I have been trying to get back to Windows since Friday the 23-09-2022.

I don't know what the issue is, or how to progress from here.

PLEASE HELP, I am desperate. I cannot afford to get it to a tech to sort it out as I am a senior and on benefits.

TIA

Leonie

VoxyLady, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070001"

I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation, I got this error: "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070001". How do I fix this and successfully install Windows 11 on that laptop?

John Wissa, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070001"

Hello John, how are you?

My name is Paloma B., I am very happy to be able to try to help you in the best possible way.

I understand that you had problems installing Windows.

Try formatting the disk using diskpart and see if the problem persists.

First start the Windows installation and go to the screen to select the installation location, after that perform the procedure below.

1. Press SHIFT+F10 to open the command prompt;

2. Type the commands below and at the end of each one press Enter:

diskpart

list disk

select disk 0 (Change the number 0 by the number of the disk where you want to install Windows as listed in the previous command)

clean

create partition primary

exit

exit

3. Click Update and you will see that a new partition has been created on the disk;

4. Select the partition and proceed with Windows installation.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

Paloma Bianchini, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

1. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the... - Similar Threads - format partition disk

2. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  3. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  4. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech...
  5. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I hae done everything possible to Install windows again after haing and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive,and followed the steps that have been syggested in many YouTube Video, Microsfot Pages, and other Tech...
  6. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  7. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while formatting disk partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while formatting disk partition: Hello,I always encounter this BSOD Kmode exception not handled when I do something with my disk, specifically, when I try to format a partition disk for it is RAW. I already tried updating my drivers but the problem persists. I tried using BlueScreenView to figure out the...
  9. Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057: [ATTACH]When installing Windows on a computer that already houses an existing Windows copy, you […] This article Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Create and format hard disk partitions error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create and format hard disk partitions error: Hello, I am encountering a strange error when I try to open the disk management utility through the start menu. If I search for "disk .." to bring up the "Create and format hard disk partitions" search result and click on it, I get an error C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe...