Windows 10: Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057

Discus and support Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When installing Windows on a computer that already houses an existing Windows copy, you […] This article Windows could not format a partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057

WinClub, Mar 4, 2021
  2. KajLi1 Win User

Error code: 0x80070057.

In the installationprogram at (where do you want to install windows) where you choose a partition i can only click next on one of the partitions but when I do that I get an error after a couple seconds saying (Couldnt format a partition on disk 0, the
    fail occured when the chosen partition for the installation were preparing. Error code: 0x80070057.) How should i do?

KajLi1, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 4, 2021
  4. KajLi1 Win User

Error code: 0x80070057.

It sais (Couldn't format the chosen partition.) Error: 0x80070057

KajLi1, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - format partition disk

2. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech...
  3. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech...
  4. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I hae done everything possible to Install windows again after haing and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive,and followed the steps that have been syggested in many YouTube Video, Microsfot Pages, and other Tech...
  5. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  6. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  7. We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to install Windows 10 from USB and you encounter the […] This article We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Error code 0x80070057

Error code 0x80070057: I recently purchased a new ssd crucial xdb 256 GB off of amazon to run my essential programs on, i wanted to move chrome over to there but i couldnt find a way to move it over so i decided to uninstall it then reinstall it to a new path, after uninstalling it I downloaded the...
  9. Error code 0x80070057

Error code 0x80070057: Hello there, I'm getting this error 0x80070057 when I'm checking for new updates or download an app from Windows store. When I tried troubleshooting, it asked me to check Windows Update, but I cannot find it. It's not showing in Services. Instead, I see a service called...
  10. error code 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error code 0x80070057: I'm getting error code 0x80070057 windows 10 (frrsh installed,upgraded from windows 7) while copying files from external hardrive (seagate freeagent go flex 1TB) to pc. The files I'm copying are about 100 gigs +-10, it's multiple folders with sub-folders. But all the files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error×80070057 windows could not format partition