Windows 10: "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

Discus and support "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KosakiOnodera, Apr 2, 2023.

1. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information." this happens when i install windows xp. previously, I already have Windows 8.1 installed. Unfortunately Windows 8.1 cannot boot since the error message event. I tried using the method in the Microsoft Support article. I've tried the bootcfg /rebuild, it still remains*I instal Windows xp with flas

:)

KosakiOnodera, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Problem starting computer

But Sue is not seeing what the tutorial says in Option 2.
    She is seeing what the MacriumKB article says.
    All the best,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 2, 2023
  3. "Windows could not start because ..."

ARGH!!!!!!!!!! just put an IDE drive in my computer in order to install an OS on it for another rig, how ever after finishing this and unplugging the IDE and restarting I am confronted with the following message

"Windows could not start because of a computer hardware configuration problem.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
    Please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information"

Help please!

I just got everything running good too*Frown "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" :(

pantherx12, Apr 2, 2023
  4. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

Windows 98 phantom floppy drive preventing real floppy drive from functioning

Here try this

Safe Mode

Start Windows in Safe mode and try to access the floppy disk drive. To start Windows 95 in Safe mode, restart your computer, press the F8 key when you see the "Starting Windows 95" message, and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu. To start Windows 98 in Safe mode, restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key after your computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu.

If you can access the floppy disk drive, follow these steps:

Use the right mouse button to click My Computer, then click Properties on the menu that appears.
    Click the Device Manager tab.
    Double-click Floppy Disk Controllers.
    Click the floppy disk controller for the drive you are having problems with, then click Properties.
    In Windows 95, click the Original Configuration (Current) check box to clear it. In Windows 98, click the Disable In This Hardware Profile check box to select it. This disables the Windows protected-mode driver for the floppy disk drive controller.
    Click OK.

Restart Windows normally.

If you can access the floppy disk drive successfully after following the above steps, the following conditions may be true:
    The floppy disk drive controller may not be supported in protected mode.
    There are drivers loading in the Config.sys or AUTOEXEC.BAT file that may be necessary for protected-mode access.
    There are drivers loading in the CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT file that may be causing conflicts in Windows and need to be disabled.

If you still cannot access the floppy disk drive after following steps 1-7, follow these steps:

Use the right mouse button to click My Computer, then click Properties on the menu that appears.
    Click the Device Manager tab.
    Double-click Floppy Disk Controllers.
    Click the floppy disk controller, and then click Remove to remove the controller.
    Click OK.
    In Control Panel, double-click Add New Hardware.
    Click Next, and then click Yes to allow Windows to detect the hardware in your computer.
    When the Add New Hardware Wizard is finished, restart the computer and try to access the floppy disk drive again.
    Redetecting the floppy disk controller should resolve any addressing problems with the controller by detecting the correct address range. If the floppy disk controller is not detected correctly, there may be a problem with the floppy disk controller. If the floppy disk controller is redetected but you still cannot access the floppy disk drive, there may be a problem with the floppy disk.

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

1. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" - Similar Threads - start computer disk

2. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  3. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  4. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem": "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for...
  5. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...: Hey I'm running windows 10, I am trying to use speech recognition program. I am unable to open and get this error message. "Windows speech recognition is not available for the current display language,."everything is in English us/ and i obviously cant get into advanced...
  6. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech recognition are off which they are and access control panel/speech recognition to eventually access advanced options when I get...
  7. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech recognition are off which they are and access control panel/speech recognition to eventually access advanced options when I get...
  8. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.: Hi. Good day. Currently installing windows on my laptop but getting this error:Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.I searched the web about possible solution, I tried accessing the command prompt when I get that error but it's not...
  10. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware: [ATTACH]Some users when installing a Feature Update or full install/re-install of Windows 10 may receive the error Windows setup could not configure Windows to run […] This article Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware first appeared on...