Windows 10: Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.

Discus and support Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Receiving the following after installing IIS and trying to start this service. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TyroneBrown1, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.

Receiving the following after installing IIS and trying to start this service. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. Error 9: The storage control block address is invalid.

:)

TyroneBrown1, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. [​IMG]
    • Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer

I have no audio on my PC. After searching for advice I started the services.msc program and the Windows Audio service wasn't running. I tried starting it manually but I get the message "Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer.\n
    Error 0x80070005: access is denied." The service properties Log On tab shows to Log on as: This account - Local Service.

I have tried switching to run as a Local System account. This got rid of the red cross over the speaker icon in the system icon tray but I still didn't get audio.

Any suggestions?

MichaelLamb7, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer.

1. Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service on Local Computer. - Similar Threads - start Process Activation

2. Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...: Hi, all. Running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1992 on an Acer Nitro AN517.Overnight, all audio devices stopped working. There was no restart or update or anything that I could find, though earlier in the day, an audio app from the manufacturer had been automatically...
  3. Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...: Hi, all. Running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1992 on an Acer Nitro AN517.Overnight, all audio devices stopped working. There was no restart or update or anything that I could find, though earlier in the day, an audio app from the manufacturer had been automatically...
  4. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  5. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  6. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to...
  7. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to...
  8. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer: Hi Team, I am getting the below error when I start the Sever service Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer Error 6: The handle is invalid Please help to fix this issue Thanks, Raveendar Y...
  10. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to start the Windows Update service, but you see an error message Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer, Error 87, The parameter is incorrect, here are some solutions you can try. [...] This post Windows could...