Windows 10: Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

Discus and support Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dian_1997, Nov 14, 2021.

1. dian_1997 Win User

Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to services, and search for Windows Update. I want to change it to automatic, but when i click "start" there's an error again."Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."A

:)

dian_1997, Nov 14, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 14, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer [​IMG]
    • Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

1. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer - Similar Threads - start Update service

2. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...: i cant update my windows and when i checked the services. The windows update service option cant get started. its said:Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The System Cant Find The File Specified...
  3. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...: i cant update my windows and when i checked the services. The windows update service option cant get started. its said:Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The System Cant Find The File Specified...
  4. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  6. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  7. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to...
  8. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to...
  9. Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer: Hi Team, I am getting the below error when I start the Sever service Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer Error 6: The handle is invalid Please help to fix this issue Thanks, Raveendar Y...
  10. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to start the Windows Update service, but you see an error message Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer, Error 87, The parameter is incorrect, here are some solutions you can try. [...] This post Windows could...