Windows 10: Windows could not update system reserved partition error

Discus and support Windows could not update system reserved partition error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bernard Muendi, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

Hello

Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it.

Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing. Windows could not update system reserved partition error 62ea6bb7-0178-4d8a-8ba3-9324f91f026a?upload=true.png

:)

Bernard Muendi, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Anthony Gal, Dec 17, 2020
  3. jimlau Win User
    Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows could not update system reserved partition error

1. Windows could not update system reserved partition error - Similar Threads - update system reserved

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...: So I had to restore my system with a clean install I was unable to restore an image from my old hard drive there are now 3 drives windows tries to include in the image those drives are of course the main drive C partitions of 500GB with 399GB free there's a system reserve...
  4. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...: So I had to restore my system with a clean install I was unable to restore an image from my old hard drive there are now 3 drives windows tries to include in the image those drives are of course the main drive C partitions of 500GB with 399GB free there's a system reserve...
  5. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  7. Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.

Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.: Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-update-failed-could-not-update-system/a68db3a3-7d87-4c85-a00f-501b4812f74a
  8. Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition: I am having problems with an update to windows 10, I'm getting an error that says "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" The instructions I'm seeing online seem very complicated to increase the partition can someone help....
  9. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  10. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition: I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary...