Windows 10: Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

Discus and support Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys I really need yiur help with this. I have tried all the tricks including tge commands like oobe but I always end up with msoobe is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmLab1, Nov 28, 2020.

1. AmLab1 Win User

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

Hello guys

I really need yiur help with this.

I have tried all the tricks including tge commands like oobe but I always end up with msoobe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Further detail, I doubt that I have a problem with my drive. Check the omg plz to know why. It shows only Microsoft windows

X:\sources

What's more, I tried to check the hkey local machine /.. /setup.... But I don't find the status /childcomple

Many thanks in advance

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed [​IMG]

:)

AmLab1, Nov 28, 2020
  2. itwestern Win User

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed

Hi,

I have the Dell Laptop with a Windows 10 OS. When I boot to the OS it automatically going to Dell support assist page

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed [​IMG]

After I have try to install new OS with Custom Install and reaches 100% of the install it gives me the error 'Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed.'.

if any sollution please let me know

sajeer

itwestern, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed.

While upgrading from Windows 8.1 to WIndows 10 using the Media Creation tool, I got this error during the "Installing Features and Drivers" part. It stated "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." After that
    it reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then when I log in I find this error report "0xC1900101-0x30018. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation."

I have an HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

So, what to do?

PrathameshDash, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

Windows Installation Error (Unable to update boot configuration)

Hi Haroon,

Thank you for responding.

As you are not able to boot the device this issue might have occurred due to corrupted bootable system files.

As you have stated you already have a Windows 10 Education 64 bit ISO file, use the file, try to boot the device and re-build the BCD and check if it helps.

If you already have the ISO file, skip Step 1.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

1. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed - Similar Threads - update computer's boot

2. Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration: I can't reinstall Windows 11 due to this error.All the "fixes" online disable Secure Boot/UEFI, which prevents Windows 11 from installing due to the system requirements not being met....
  3. Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration: I can't reinstall Windows 11 due to this error.All the "fixes" online disable Secure Boot/UEFI, which prevents Windows 11 from installing due to the system requirements not being met....
  4. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration: A week ago I reset my PC using the option in the Settings app and when it finished my Windows wasn't booting. I created a installation media using the media creation tool but at the end of the installation, a message appears saying "Windows could not update the computer's...
  5. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration: A week ago I reset my PC using the option in the Settings app and when it finished my Windows wasn't booting. I created a installation media using the media creation tool but at the end of the installation, a message appears saying "Windows could not update the computer's...
  6. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem: I'm trying to install windows 10 21H1 already tried using an older version but I had the same problem 1903 on my SSD on my HP 15-bw053od notebook, that already had Win 10 20H1 beforehand because I installed it on it, but now it does not seem to work, it comes up with the...
  7. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem: I'm trying to install windows 10 21H1 already tried using an older version but I had the same problem 1903 on my SSD on my HP 15-bw053od notebook, that already had Win 10 20H1 beforehand because I installed it on it, but now it does not seem to work, it comes up with the...
  8. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 installation could not update the computer's boot configuration.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation could not update the computer's boot configuration.: I was trying to install a clean windows 10 install and that erron popped up. I've tried a lot of fixes but they didn't work. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-could-not-update-the/f83c1637-58c4-425b-a01f-ef923e713261
  10. Windows couldn't not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation can't proceed....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows couldn't not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation can't proceed....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RashidRoger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsycc4/windows_couldnt_not_update_the_computers_boot/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 Windows could not update the computers boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed

2. installing windows 7 windows could not update your computers boot configuration